Pete Howlett Ukulele resales?

Pete Howlett

Reaction score
Please be aware that there may be occasions when one of my old self build kits comes up for sale as a Pete Howlett Ukulele. Please check with me that it is an original Pete Howlett - it will have my label or brand. If you have a kit build for sale please advertise it as your own - as flattered as I am by this my own work is usually of a different standard in both fit and finish. The give away is that I have rarely used an oil finish on anything but a small batch of sopranos made for members of the Finnish Ukulele Network and 6 tenors... My headstocks are also distinctive.
Pete

This post is obviously referring to me and the ukulele I just sold. You posted this thread at 6:59 then sent me a PM at 7:05 asking me about this ukulele. Do you not think you should have asked me the question first before casting doubt and dispresion on me and the transaction of one of your instruments.

As I stated in my reply to your questions in the PM you sent YES indeed it has your label inside it. Apparently you built this at the 2011 Helsinki build class, it has your signature and the date in pencil underneath your LABEL.

Hopefully this clears up everything and the person I sold it to does not think I am dishonest and was trying to cheap him. None of this would have been necessary if you had just asked me the question BEFORE posting this thread. I realize you have to protect yourself and your good name........well now so do I.

This does and in no way implies you are dishonest. The thread was closed and it was just mistiming. My apologies. If it has my label and signature you are completely justified in your sale - it was the strap button that discombobulated me since I never fit them in that position.

The purpose of my post was to flag up a problem that people may not know and that is solved by a photo of the makers mark. I have two out there that have erroneously been resold as Howletts when they have been student builds. So to be clear - please be kind enough to include a photo of the label if you are selling my work. If you have built one of my kits and are selling it please clearly state that it is so.

We ok now?
Pete

Last edited:
The really interesting part of all of this is.....Pete you sell kits???!!!

The really interesting part of all of this is.....Pete you sell kits???!!!

+1

I'd like to get my hands on one to build! :)

(Distance & time being an issue for any potential class offering in the future)

Good info! A Howlett is on my list. :)

Top Bottom