CONTEST: Collaborate Online With Me at Bandhub.us and win a cool uke strap!

blue_knight_usa

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I saw only 1 post on UU about Bandhub.us and wanted to tell you more about it. I have done some collaborations and even collaborated with my own videos. It's in development, so it's not perfect yet but for what it does it's fantastic.

Sign up with a Gmail account or get a Gmail account and then sign up at http://bandhub.us

You use your web browser so there is no sophisticated software needed, it's all done through CHROME and you must use Chrome as the browser or it doesn't work that well. MAC/PC take your pic. The video you record sometimes isn't the best using this web based software (I have an HD camera but one of my recordings was sort of glitchy due to their processing of it) but the audio is perfect assuming you have a good recording device. There is a built in monitor function so you can press the monitor icon and hear yourself but turn it off when collaborating or the slight delay will throw you off. You can also adjust each person's videos audio to your liking to perfectly balance the collaborations so it sounds like one group playing all at the right volume and balance to your ears (since we all hear differently).

A very good webcam like the HD stereo webcam from Logitech works ok but If you want something that is one of the best microphones, pick yourself up a Blue YETI USB microphone. It will be one of the best investments you make. You can plug it into any computer and get incredible sound. http://www.bluemic.com/yeti/ This is a solid pro USB condensor mic with various pattern and gain selections and even has build in headphone monitor. I'll be doing a review on it later this week.

Anyhow, I'm inviting all UU folks to collaborate on my videos to see what you can add to the songs. Solo's, play any other instrument you like (Bari, tenor, soprano, mandolin, guitar, etc).

The first person to post a collaboration that is accepted and posted will win a very cool uke strap that you won't see anywhere else! It will be a surprise. I'll post the links in this thread as people submit the collaboration video. I posted many videos so do a search through my list and pick what you can add to.

Looking forward to the collaborations. If you have any questions you can PM me and I'll do my best to answer. Oh, and if you don't like the video you can review it before submitting and delete and re-record as many times as you like before submitting.

Remember you can record your own and post and then see if others find you to collaborate...a sort of musical fishing expedition if you will.

Best of all, it's FREE!

Good luck and let's get some collab's going.

Cheers,

Last edited:
Hi Jay,

I am trying to figure out Bandhub at the moment - and in particular if someone on Bandhub has used one of my YouTube videos as one of their own.

I had an email notification from YouTube today saying that there was a new comment on one of my videos:

"The matching engine at bandhub.us found you. I play keys and love Dean Martin. Want to collab for That's Amore?"

Then there was the link to his Bandhub profile and his Bandhub user name. The message also told me his YouTube Username.

When I went to the comments on my YouTube video to reply, the comment does not exist. I presume he had deleted it. He seems genuine enough but as far as I can see, the only way the "Bandhub matching engine" could have found that video is if someone else has posted it on Bandhub as belonging to them!

I wondered how this Bandhub "matching engine" worked and after a bit of poking about on the internet decided that the only way I was going to find out was by joining Bandhub, as there is precious little information before joining. As you already know, the "matching" seems to take place as part of the joining process, when you are presented with videos of existing Bandhub members to "follow". I am part way through that process as I have to pick at least 10 to "follow" and I have yet to find 10 that I want to follow :)

I got a bit fed up watching those "matching engine" suggestions so I Googled, "ukulele Bandhub" - and ended up here.

Bandhub seems a great way to collaborate - I use Soundcloud and have wished that there was a way to collaborate on there.

Please could you post your Bandhub profile url Ray, so I can find you there?

I might as well see if there is anything we might collaborate on, in between trying to hunt down whoever is pretending to be me on Bandhub! I suppose I should feel flattered - but just let me get my hands on them! (On the other hand, although the person who left the comment on my video seems genuine enough, he might just have been spamming YouTube with Bandhub links and my video is not lurking somewhere on Bandhub at all).

This is my video, in case you come across someone else pretending that it is theirs. Please do let me know if you do:

Cover of "Heart and Soul" (original by SheedyFrost):

Best wishes,

Lizzie

ps. when I have finished the Bandhub joining process you should be able to find me as UkuleleAllsorts :)

Hi Lizzie, yes the start up process allows you to use YouTube to upload videos but you have to authenticate with a google account for that user. Your video is not on there. Not sure if they maybe picked your video to upload but maybe they tried but since they couldn't authorize the account it rejected the video (good if that's how they do it). My profile is: http://bandhub.us/ukulelejay

Here is "Against the Wind" with a drummer and keyboard player: http://bandhub.us/s/53dbb768921ab15a610006f2
Here is "Unchained Melody" with a sax, harmonica and keyboard: http://bandhub.us/s/540c7257e4be76a534bdc15e

These were ones where I submitted my additions to their original post.

Here is one where I collab'd with my own video: http://bandhub.us/s/545d14e838ad3f8e2f7dd522?a

It's a real challenge trying to match people's cadence or beat as they sometimes speed up or slow down so it's great practice. You can record over and over and then submit your final video that you like. You will notice "DRAFTS" up in the upper left corner of the screen. Those are the videos you rejected and you can always bring them back or just delete them. I always delete them.

They just released v.62 of the recorder which is a big improvement from v.59, so I'm back on now recording quite a bit.

Look forward to you doing some collabs.

Nice strum by the way!

Cheers,

Cheers Jay!

Thank you for all the info! I have found you on Bandhub too :)

See you over there soon - and thank you for the compliment on the strumming - I think it is very simple but it must work because that is the second compliment today :)

Best wishes,
Lizzie

Awesome! Look forward to it. I already have had collabs with quite a few folks and have a few followers already so you'll see the videos. Just did another video today. I can't stop, it's addicting ;-)

Cheers,

Make sure you use the CHROME browser. It's the only browser that works since the code is written for that. You can download Google Chrome for PC or MAC, and install it. You should be able to get them to play within Chrome.

Top Bottom