PDA

View Full Version : NUUD: Mya-moe soprano plus video

dirtiestkidever
11-18-2014, 06:22 PM
Just got this mya-moe chocolate heart mango soprano (#507 (http://www.myamoeukuleles.com/uketracker.php?trackingNumber=507)) from here on UU. I haven't had time to post to the seasons in awhile and wanted to record something. So I recorded this on it today. The tone could not be sweeter. Very warm and sweet. And the playability is excellent. Just feels right in your hands.

The arrangement is by WS64 (tabbed by Xyz). You can find links to the original and the tab in the description on the vid on youtube.

Cheers.

http://youtu.be/gliDKw1h6bY

KevinV
11-18-2014, 06:27 PM
Beautiful uke and great tone. Soprano's are my favorite. This is definitely my next song to learn. We just returned from holiday in the N Georgia mountains…always my favorite place to go. I was listening to Ray Charles sing this constantly for the last few weeks before our trip. Nice playing.

bonesoup
11-18-2014, 11:48 PM
You put my brain in an alpha-wave state. So good, and that might be the best-sounding mya-moe I've yet heard.

DownUpDave
11-19-2014, 01:07 AM
You put my brain in an alpha-wave state. So good, and that might be the best-sounding mya-moe I've yet heard.

I agree completely. I was transported away with that performance. That is the best sounding soprano I have ever heard.

bonesoup
11-19-2014, 02:25 AM
Dave, my mind is going. I can feel it.

Ukulele Eddie
11-19-2014, 03:59 AM
Sounded fantastic!!!!! Seems like you bonded quickly with your new used-uke and will enjoy it for many years. Loved that arrangement, too, to thanks for pointing that where the tab can be located.

Recstar24
11-19-2014, 04:29 AM
Damn, that's a pretty deep mature sound for a soprano. Nice job Mya Moe and excellent song choice and playing!

Ukulele Eddie
11-19-2014, 05:41 AM
Doug - I can't find the tab for the song, just the video of WS64 playing the arraignment. Can you post a link to the tab?

Don't neglect that MP Deep Body soprano too much! ;-)

Best, Eddie

KevinV
11-19-2014, 06:12 AM
You have to click the "Show More" button under Doug's video to find the link.

To save you a trip over there, here it is…

Georgia On My Mind PDF (https://blenistour.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/transcribed_georgia_on_my_mind.pdf)

Ukulele Eddie
11-19-2014, 06:43 AM
You have to click the "Show More" button under Doug's video to find the link.

To save you a trip over there, here it is…

Georgia On My Mind PDF (https://blenistour.files.wordpress.com/2014/06/transcribed_georgia_on_my_mind.pdf)

Thanks, Kevin. Learn something every day if you're not careful. ;-)

Doc_J
11-19-2014, 06:47 AM
Very nice. Great playing. Congrats on the new Mya-moe.

Just got this mya-moe chocolate heart mango soprano (#507 (http://www.myamoeukuleles.com/uketracker.php?trackingNumber=507)) from here on UU. I haven't had time to post to the seasons in awhile and wanted to record something. So I recorded this on it today. The tone could not be sweeter. Very warm and sweet. And the playability is excellent. Just feels right in your hands.

The arrangement is by WS64 (tabbed by Xyz). You can find links to the original and the tab in the description on the vid on youtube.

Cheers.

http://youtu.be/gliDKw1h6bY

dirtiestkidever
11-20-2014, 04:32 PM
Thanks all. Kevin thanks for posting a link to the tab here.

Eddie, not neglecting the MP. But I do have to spread the love around a bit more. And the new girl in the class room does tend to get the most attention. ;)

Ukulele Eddie
11-20-2014, 04:33 PM
Thanks all. Kevin thanks for posting a link to the tab here.

Eddie, not neglecting the MP. But I do have to spread the love around a bit more. And the new girl in the class room does tend to get the most attention. ;)

HaHa! Would be interesting to see you play the same song on the MP for a comparison.

dirtiestkidever
11-20-2014, 04:56 PM
HaHa! Would be interesting to see you play the same song on the MP for a comparison.

I have meant to do this with pairs of ukes in the past but I never get around to doing it. We'll see if it happens this time.

Ukejenny
11-20-2014, 05:17 PM
Beautiful sounding and beautiful looking. You play with a lot of heart - it is wonderful.

vanflynn
11-20-2014, 05:27 PM
Wow, nice job on a nice song with a nice uke! Thanks for sharing

mkatz
11-21-2014, 09:47 AM
Very sweet sounding and great playing!

Mitch

dirtiestkidever
12-04-2014, 05:55 PM

As you wish. Here is the same song on my Mike Pereira soprano.

http://youtu.be/i5jRfE0Y0Mo

dirtiestkidever
12-04-2014, 06:18 PM
And just for fun here it is on my KoAloha soprano.

http://youtu.be/mALQyvtq7cA

Ukulele Eddie
12-04-2014, 07:14 PM
As you wish. Here is the same song on my Mike Pereira soprano.

http://youtu.be/i5jRfE0Y0Mo

There's my baby! This is a very special soprano, folks. Deep body, incredible tone.

bonesoup
12-04-2014, 11:41 PM
Thanks a lot for the comparison videos. I have a KoAloha soprano and I love its sound.. but your Mya-Moe, wow. What a rich, warm tone. It's kinda pulling me. Someone recently described the KoAloha sound as bright yet warm. I really hear that in your video.

DownUpDave
12-05-2014, 01:54 AM
This is one of the best group of videos comparing 3 high end sopranos, lovely playing again on all songs. All three are great sounding but different, definitely different, a flavour for all to enjoy.

seoulukulele
12-05-2014, 10:12 AM
Thats some great playing. Such a laid back tune. I like it!

Nickie
12-05-2014, 11:43 AM
Congratulationson the new MM. I wish this stupid computer I have for work would play videos....at first, I thought the MM headstock design was just too much, but it seems to be growing on me.

fretie
12-05-2014, 03:39 PM
Wow, what a great job at putting each wee soprano in the spotlight for us with the same tune, fabulously played, on all three.
Each uke has a beautiful sound, each so individual. It'd be tough to pick if I could only have one of those sopranos. For that song in particular, for me, the MM is the winner. Then again, for a different song maybe the K would come in first or the MP. All I can conclude from this is: you're a lucky man to have all three!

DownUpDave
12-05-2014, 10:53 PM
Wow, what a great job at putting each wee soprano in the spotlight for us with the same tune, fabulously played, on all three.
Each uke has a beautiful sound, each so individual. It'd be tough to pick if I could only have one of those sopranos. For that song in particular, for me, the MM is the winner. Then again, for a different song maybe the K would come in first or the MP. All I can conclude from this is: you're a lucky man to have all three!

I could not have said it any better. This is the reason for owning multiple ukes. Members will sometimes state they are fine with just one or two ukes or they do not see the need to have expensive instruments. Just the shear joy and pleasure one gets from hearing the different tones and harmonics makes it worth every penny spent.

If you will excuse me I am off to the marketplace, have this sudden urge to buy something :p

Hippie Dribble
12-05-2014, 10:56 PM

Hear, hear. All beautiful instruments. Sublime playing. The MM sounds the sweetest to me also. I always enjoy listening to your playing, brother. Lovely comparisons offered in this thread.

Hippie Dribble
12-05-2014, 11:34 PM
PS will reply to your email tomorrow. Been incommunicado for the past week or so. Blessings Doug.

wildfire070
12-06-2014, 04:50 AM
Wow! Very sweet sound! Is that the typical mango sound or simply because it's a Mya Moe?

KnowsPickin
12-06-2014, 06:55 AM
Congratulationson the new MM. I wish this stupid computer I have for work would play videos....at first, I thought the MM headstock design was just too much, but it seems to be growing on me.

Just an FYI, you can spec your Mya Moe without the MM headstock design. You can get it with just a solid wood to match the body.

philpot
12-06-2014, 03:08 PM
Beautiful playing, and thanks for the comparison videos! That MM sounds gorgeous.

sam13
12-06-2014, 05:40 PM
Wow. Nice playing. Loved all three of them with the MP as my favourite. I might just need to reconsider a serious soprano. Thanks for putting them together for us.

coolkayaker1
12-07-2014, 03:26 AM
Wow. Nice playing. Loved all three of them with the MP as my favourite. I might just need to reconsider a serious soprano. Thanks for putting them together for us.
I agree with all three of Simon's points.

sam13
12-07-2014, 01:23 PM
I agree with all three of Simon's points.

Thanks brother. Will get back to you on the PM. But my friend dropped by with his Super Soprano with Worth a am on them. That thing was amazing. Memorable. I just bought a Super Soprano Kelli. And am pretty excited about it after hearing this. Just fun stuff. But nice tone.