PDA

View Full Version : Ocomershalls

Redeyejedi
11-18-2014, 08:12 PM
so, is it just me or are more television ads using ukulele songs?
heard a few past weeks from same company and today one from mkkydees.

RAB11
11-18-2014, 09:44 PM
Yeah there's a few over here that seem to be using the uke. Wish I knew the artists of some of them, because they're pretty good.

Pete Howlett
11-18-2014, 10:31 PM
Mostly Will of the UOGB here in the UK.

Peterjens
11-18-2014, 10:48 PM
so, is it just me or are more television ads using ukulele songs?
I saw a commercial for Disney Aulani TV Spot, 'A Whole New World'

Olarte
11-18-2014, 10:56 PM
Lots of commercial feature Uke in the music.

While we are more apt to notice is as your interest in ukulele increases I have noticed a huge increase of it in the last year.

Ukejenny
11-19-2014, 03:15 AM
I'm definitely hearing it and noticing quite a few musicians being spotted with one. And some famous people as well. Viva la Uke!!!

BigD
11-19-2014, 09:49 AM
Yes! Ive noticed this a lot lately! I do feel like the more you play and the less amount of time it takes for u to realize its a uke helps but i swear i hear it all the time! Me the my gf will b watching tv and ill go 'oh its a uke!' And she thinks im crazy!

Nickie
11-19-2014, 01:44 PM
I don't have a TV, but when I'm out and about i hear them on ohter peoples sets. I was with a patient the other night and her spouse said "I've never met anyone who played a ukulele."
I said "you just did".
Then he said "Ive never heard anyone play a ukulele." Then a TV commercial came on, and there it was....and I said "you just did."
He was flabbergasted.

CeeJay
11-19-2014, 02:39 PM
I never noticed Land Rovers till I bought one years ago...then they seemed to be everywhere...we are tuned into them (ukes) ...Olarte ..... Doh !!! I have just got that gag ....very clever Mr Olarte I note has also made this obbo..

BUT there are a hell of a lot more ukeleles around than there used to be.....some ukelele players actually complain about this (!?!)

Olarte
11-20-2014, 01:53 AM
A fun and useful exercise is to grab your Uke and try to play along with commercials specially theo new that feature ukuleles. It's a great way to practice picking up melodies and chords by ear.

This is specially useful if you use a dvd as you can rewind it a few times until you figure it out. Also it encourages you to be more a more active TV viwer by strumming while staring at "the box"

Redeyejedi
11-20-2014, 08:13 AM
Lots of commercial feature Uke in the music.

While we are more apt to notice is as your interest in ukulele increases I have noticed a huge increase of it in the last year.
i see that....like when you get a newtoyou ride now everyone has it.

i have been noticing all sorts of things the make me think four strings.

Redeyejedi
11-20-2014, 08:15 AM
I don't have a TV, but when I'm out and about i hear them on ohter peoples sets. I was with a patient the other night and her spouse said "I've never met anyone who played a ukulele."
I said "you just did".
Then he said "Ive never heard anyone play a ukulele." Then a TV commercial came on, and there it was....and I said "you just did."
He was flabbergasted.
so great!!

Redeyejedi
11-20-2014, 08:24 AM
A fun and useful exercise is to grab your Uke and try to play along with commercials specially theo new that feature ukuleles. It's a great way to practice picking up melodies and chords by ear.

This is specially useful if you use a dvd as you can rewind it a few times until you figure it out. Also it encourages you to be more a more active TV viwer by strumming while staring at "the box"
i have been trying this with youtube vids, commershills are not nearly as entertaining to watch over and over. but, again, right you are.