Ocomershalls

Redeyejedi

Reaction score
so, is it just me or are more television ads using ukulele songs?
heard a few past weeks from same company and today one from mkkydees.

Yeah there's a few over here that seem to be using the uke. Wish I knew the artists of some of them, because they're pretty good.

so, is it just me or are more television ads using ukulele songs?
I saw a commercial for Disney Aulani TV Spot, 'A Whole New World'

Lots of commercial feature Uke in the music.

While we are more apt to notice is as your interest in ukulele increases I have noticed a huge increase of it in the last year.

I'm definitely hearing it and noticing quite a few musicians being spotted with one. And some famous people as well. Viva la Uke!!!

Yes! Ive noticed this a lot lately! I do feel like the more you play and the less amount of time it takes for u to realize its a uke helps but i swear i hear it all the time! Me the my gf will b watching tv and ill go 'oh its a uke!' And she thinks im crazy!

I don't have a TV, but when I'm out and about i hear them on ohter peoples sets. I was with a patient the other night and her spouse said "I've never met anyone who played a ukulele."
I said "you just did".
Then he said "Ive never heard anyone play a ukulele." Then a TV commercial came on, and there it was....and I said "you just did."
He was flabbergasted.

I never noticed Land Rovers till I bought one years ago...then they seemed to be everywhere...we are tuned into them (ukes) ...Olarte ..... Doh !!! I have just got that gag ....very clever Mr Olarte I note has also made this obbo..

BUT there are a hell of a lot more ukeleles around than there used to be.....some ukelele players actually complain about this (!?!)

Last edited:
A fun and useful exercise is to grab your Uke and try to play along with commercials specially theo new that feature ukuleles. It's a great way to practice picking up melodies and chords by ear.

This is specially useful if you use a dvd as you can rewind it a few times until you figure it out. Also it encourages you to be more a more active TV viwer by strumming while staring at "the box"

Lots of commercial feature Uke in the music.

While we are more apt to notice is as your interest in ukulele increases I have noticed a huge increase of it in the last year.
i see that....like when you get a newtoyou ride now everyone has it.

i have been noticing all sorts of things the make me think four strings.

I don't have a TV, but when I'm out and about i hear them on ohter peoples sets. I was with a patient the other night and her spouse said "I've never met anyone who played a ukulele."
I said "you just did".
Then he said "Ive never heard anyone play a ukulele." Then a TV commercial came on, and there it was....and I said "you just did."
He was flabbergasted.
so great!!

A fun and useful exercise is to grab your Uke and try to play along with commercials specially theo new that feature ukuleles. It's a great way to practice picking up melodies and chords by ear.

This is specially useful if you use a dvd as you can rewind it a few times until you figure it out. Also it encourages you to be more a more active TV viwer by strumming while staring at "the box"
i have been trying this with youtube vids, commershills are not nearly as entertaining to watch over and over. but, again, right you are.

Top Bottom