How long does it take to build a ukulele

1300cc

Reaction score
Just wondering how long will it take to make a solid wood ukulele? Days, weeks or more than a month?

Just wondering how long will it take to make a solid wood ukulele? Days, weeks or more than a month?

Exactly as long as your standard bit of string I'd say.

Common sense would suggest it depends on the skill of the builder, the type of wood used, any bling/embellishments, other work they've got going on, stuff like that.

Someone with a more helpful answer will be along shortly though.

Are you asking as a builder, or as a customer to a luthier? The guy I use in Vietnam took about 6 weeks for my first one, 3 1/2 months for my second, and about 5 months for my third and fourth.

Are you asking as a builder, or as a customer to a luthier? The guy I use in Vietnam took about 6 weeks for my first one, 3 1/2 months for my second, and about 5 months for my third and fourth.
Im asking a luthier, if he/she concentrate on just one uke, can it be done in 3days, and i mean a quality uke,

Im asking a luthier, if he/she concentrate on just one uke, can it be done in 3days, and i mean a quality uke,

I built one in a class that met on two consecutive weekends for about 8 hours each day. We also took it home for sanding and the finishing was done at a later time.

I probably put as many if not more hours into the finish.

Around 30 to 40 hours total depending on rosette and bindings. That spreads out over weeks letting things dry and cure

Here is an answer direct from a custom builder, Terry at Covered Bridge. Just in case you missed his avatar and signature.

Top Bottom