New Pono models

Rakelele

Reaction score
Ya ... nice sounding! I like them.

John and Andrew offer value that can't be matched at all of their price points. Congrats to Pono and HMS.

Nooo. No more great sounding Ponos

Just like the old commercial for Lays potato chips " Bet you can't just have one" :stop:

My UAS is solidly in remission, so I can look and dream all I want. They look and sound nice, but that acacia is just lovely.

Me too Jenny....I'm thinking after the Ohana is fixed, and the Kala neck is reshaped, I'm in remission too. I want a hammered dulcimer. I actually got made fun of by our club prez for having so many ukes when I got up to 6. I don't need that many. Besdies, we live in a tiny house. It's so crowded I hafta sleep on hte edge of the bed!

I'd like to see a ACSH-5 Pro Classic ...

Same body depth though I bet. Deal breaker for me. Unless I could get my hands on one of their rosewood and spruce models.

No, the TA-AD has a smaller body depth--two inches.

But I'm with you on the body depth. Ponos sound fabulous, but I have a Kelii concert that has a "shallower" body and I like that. Pono tenors have always looked kinda too chunky to me, all around. I'm a short female, and most tenors kinda seem too big, which is why I haven't bought one yet. Whenever I do buy one I'll have to try it out first, which means going somewhere other than Sam Ash. Maybe I'll save up for one of these, if I can ever get my hands on one: http://www.theukulelesite.com/matsui-custom-dias-replica-tenor.html

Same body depth though I bet. Deal breaker for me. Unless I could get my hands on one of their rosewood and spruce models.

I understand the body depth issue and I did not quite fully appreciate the difference between my Pono ATSHC-PC and my Cordoba until I played it. For me, it was just getting used to it. I understand for others how it might be an issue. The bottom line is that I love love love the sound of my new Pono.

The shallow body depth is appealing. I was considering a KoAloha thinline tenor, but I will place that hunt on hold until these new Ponos arrive (unless someone has a thinline KoAloha to sell or trade).

Intriguing.

The shallow body depth is appealing. I was considering a KoAloha thinline tenor, but I will place that hunt on hold until these new Ponos arrive (unless someone has a thinline KoAloha to sell or trade).

Intriguing.

I really liked the Acacia thin line model ... and I usually find Acacia a little dull, and not really resonant.

With Gotoh UPT's on it, and that radius fret board ... it is a very nice sweet spot!

I'm particularly liking the new Baritone Nui Pro Classic. [h=1][/h]

Top Bottom