Restringing the Nunes

KevinFL

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of the Nunes today which is scheduled to be delivered by 1500. I've been building up a stash of uke strings and one of the sets I have is Aquila natural gut. I believe it's time to give them a try and put them on an uke that would have originally been played with that style string. If I like them I'll get another set to try on the Martin when it gets back from hospital.

I'll get some shots of the Nunes up when it arrives. I'm quite excited.

That will be interesting and appropriate, can't wait to hear the results! I'm sure you are excited! Try Martins on your Martin, if you haven't already.

That will be interesting and appropriate, can't wait to hear the results! I'm sure you are excited! Try Martins on your Martin, if you haven't already.

Yes, very excited. And I'm not sure how they'll get it here by 1500. It's nearly 1400 now and the last update says the package left San Francisco at 0828. Even if that's EST, that's cutting it close. I'm sipping some Dickel Rye to calm my nerves while I wait.

I've got Martin strings on the Martin now. I love them, no issues at all. It's just that I read that gut strings were standard on ukes until around WWII timeframe. If that's the case, the 20's model I have came with gut strings originally. Would just like to hear it the way it came.

It's looking more and more like this won't be happening today. The last tracking is still from 9.5 hours ago saying it left SF. I had hoped, and still am, that there might be a late run from the post office since this is 2 Day Express, and was paid for as such. Today is my last day of vacation and I won't be here to sign for it tomorrow if it gets delayed until then.

Is there a neighbor you can trust to sign for you?
I saw a Nunes the other day, in a luthier's shop. Saw another one at TBUG too. Very cool. Love the old stuff!

Bummer. Is there a way you can go to the post office and get it? I know FedEx will hold it at their offices

I don't have any neighbors I know that will be home when the mail comes through. I could have them hold it at the office for later pickup, or will just reschedule delivery for Saturday when a family member will be here to sign. On the bright side, I should get a shipping refund as their 2-day service comes with a money back guarantee.

Drat, I was hoping to hear good news that it had made it. Saturday is just a couple days away... passing you lime and ginger for the Dickel Rye.

Top Bottom