Pono Six String Solid Ribbon Mahogany with Pickup

Status
Not open for further replies.

singsong

Reaction score
At Dixie Ukuleles we have an old stock Pono PT6 Mahogany model, 6 strings, that developed a crack in the top. We stabilized the crack and I was considering putting it up for a token price but my husband Geo decided the uke has to many cosmetic issues to sell. It is still a high quality ukulele with a great voice so he decided to donate it to a player who could not afford Pono prices. Our dilemma now is how to find such a person. We don’t want people to submit requests because we have no way of verifying the information submitted. So I came up with a method that isn’t fool proof but does give us some assurance that the ukulele will end up with a deserving person. I am asking UU senior members ONLY to submit a name and shipping address, lower 48 only, of a player with a brief paragraph of the person’s situation to my private messages. From this list I will select one person and send them this six string at no cost. Specifications: Old Stock, solid ribbon mahogany, binding top and bottom, tuning low G, high low C, E, two A strings fourth octave. Piezo pickup installed.
a1.jpga5.jpga2.jpgd32.jpg

At Dixie Ukuleles we have an old stock Pono PT6 Mahogany model, 6 strings, that developed a crack in the top. We stabilized the crack and I was considering putting it up for a token price but my husband Geo decided the uke has to many cosmetic issues to sell. It is still a high quality ukulele with a great voice so he decided to donate it to a player who could not afford Pono prices. Our dilemma now is how to find such a person. We don’t want people to submit requests because we have no way of verifying the information submitted. So I came up with a method that isn’t fool proof but does give us some assurance that the ukulele will end up with a deserving person. I am asking UU senior members ONLY to submit a name and shipping address, lower 48 only, of a player with a brief paragraph of the person’s situation to my private messages. From this list I will select one person and send them this six string at no cost. Specifications: Old Stock, solid ribbon mahogany, binding top and bottom, tuning low G, high low C, E, two A strings fourth octave. Piezo pickup installed.
View attachment 73046View attachment 73047View attachment 73048View attachment 73049

Would you consider shipping outside the lower 48 if recommender was willing to pay shipping?

Yes, if the recommender paid shipping. We are only accepting recommendations from senior members and we already have an excellent candidate. We will keep this thread open for another day and then make a decision. I apologize to others who have submitted recommendations but our rules are we will only accept recommendations from senior members.

Had a great visit with the Dixie people at the Tampa Bay Ukulele Getaway earlier this month. Great people and a wonderful gesture. I have one of these Pono 6 strings, except without a pickup. Nice chime, easy to play. It's so cool that someone will get a nice surprise for Christmas this year.

It really is a great thing to do! Thank you for putting people first and money second,because giving somone a great deal on this would be fantastic,but giving it away to someone whos really in need? That is a priceless act of generosity that doesnt happen much anymore!

Many Thanks!

I would like to thank the senior members who participated in recommending a recipient for this ukulele. I apologize to those who submitted recommendations who are not senior members but our rules were we would only accept recommendations from senior members. We have selected a excellent candidate and will pack and ship him this ukulele on Monday. I personally would like to thank senior member King David for his recommendation because his recommendation was our selection. We at Dixie wish everyone a great holiday season and with that I will close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom