For Sale: Brand new custom made tenor solid mahogany mandolele.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KohanMike

Los Angeles, Beverly Grove West
UU VIP
Reaction score
Mandolel For Sale.jpg

I ordered this mandolele from Bruce Wei Arts in Vietnam, it's custom made by him to my specifications. It is NOT one of those low-end ones listed on his eBay store that's made by other builders.

This one is very good build quality, better bracing and seam work. It's tenor scale 17" (432mm), 26.5" (675mm) over-all length, 9.05" wide bout (230mm). His low end ones are tenor scale, but are over 28" and 10" wide, closer to baritone size, I specifically requested mine be overall tenor size.

I paid $290 for it with shipping, it's brand new and custom built. I'm asking $225 plus shipping, or make me an offer. The only handling it's had is for these photos I shot and the sound sample I recorded. If you want, I will add two black strap buttons for free (I've done that to all 12 of my ukes).

It's solid mahogany, neck is solid walnut, head plate and fretboard are solid dark rosewood, with black tuning machines. I also had him make space under the saddle for me to fit a pickup, so it's ready for that. It includes a basic black gig bag.

I'm selling this because during the 10 days it was being shipped, I asked Bruce about making me a gloss black uke with pearl binding all around, when suddenly I realized I should have made the mandolele that way. After contemplating the idea for a few of days, I decided that's exactly what I'm going to do, so I'm selling this mahogany one.

Here are photos and audio files (excuse my poor playing and the new strings going out quickly).

[video]http://www.kohanmike.com/uploads/Audio La Bamba.m4a[/video]
[video]http://www.kohanmike.com/uploads/Audio Random.m4a[/video]

Last edited:
What would you want for this ?? Thanks ! Does it have a case ? Jim

Jim, please read my listing, it's all there. I'm hoping to get close to what I paid since it's new and custom made.

Good luck with the sale. A unique item at a very reasonable price

Last edited:
OK I have a low end Bruce tenor I call my Wei Wei. Mine was maybe $17.50 before shipping, it cracked due to my mistreatment, it cracked likely due to shipping soon after purchase and it cracked where I squeezed it a little too hard gluing a top crack. Its solid acacia from my understanding more or less koa grown in a different local. I hated the thing its big a tenor, BIG and I thought quite dull from being built heavy. It sits in my jungle box living in a humid environment just like its birthplace. Its sat there for a year now.

I took it out the other day and fine tuned it I was going to string it as a baritone but I'll be damned if she doesn't now sing in the most beautiful voice. I never really believed in wood opening up much less changing so drastically without even being played. I guess it was at least tuned.

This looks like a very nice instrument, someone will be happy to own.

Good Luck with the sale.
~AL~

Thanks, I'm looking forward to my custom gypsy jazz uke Bruce made to open up, but the black mandolele I received recently sounds really good right out of the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom