White Label Kamaka Baritone and / or Big Rusty Tenor Resonator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cornfield

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
It's time to give thanks for the new ukes that I have received in the last few months and pass some of my older ones on to someone else.

White Label Kamaka Baritone.
A Kamaka baritone ukulele of this vintage is smaller than todays baritones but larger than todays tenor ukuleles. When I received it, it was strung with linear GCEA strings and sounded like a full bodies tenor. It is currently strung with Worth Browns DGBE and sounds very mellow.
Includes chip board case that I believe is original.
This uke has ben moved to EBay
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Kamaka-Baritone-Ukulele-Solid-Koa-Original-Hard-Case-/281516821625?

Big Rusty Tenor Resonator: #21 from http://www.russmorin.com/green2.html with Peg Head tuners
Currently strung with Worth Clear GCEA strings
THE FOLLOWING QUOTE IS FROM THE rUSS mORIN WEB SITE
No. 21 Painted Tenor Resonator - My latest resonator is a tribute to all those painted instruments from the 1950's era. I think this would be a great rock and roll uke. It's robust, it sounds great and you can hardly hurt the finish (milk paint). It is outfitted with Peghed tuners for ease of tuning and I'm using a National cone. The frets are a bit bigger and neck is fuller than normal and I've become quite attached to it - it is easier to hang on to while you're bashing out Coaster's tunes!
You can hear a sound sample here:

Big Rusty Painted Tenor Resonator Sound Sample - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sw3Hmj486B0

Scale = 17"
Tenor resonator ukulele with hardshell case
$800 (fee paid) shipping to lower 48 states included in price. Inquire about International shipping

Attachments

• 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 67
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    93.2 KB · Views: 63
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 91
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 88
  • 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
I'll be visiting the Milwaukee Ukulele Festival this weekend so if you are in Wisconsin and interested, let me know to bring these along.

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 28
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 26
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 26
More photos

Attachments

• 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 21
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 22
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 17
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 19
More photos of the Big Rusty Tenor

Attachments

• 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 6
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 8
  • 020.jpg
    020.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 7
I took this Resonator to the Kerrville Folk Festival this Spring. It turned heads left and right.

Attachments

• 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 4
  • 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 5
  • 024.jpg
    024.jpg
    75.4 KB · Views: 6
  • 026.jpg
    026.jpg
    91 KB · Views: 7
  • 022.jpg
    022.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 4
Is this the same Kamaka Baritone that you gazumped me on 12 months ago?
$200 profit in 1 year!!!
It's great to see you sharing the Aloha Spirit!
http://forum.ukuleleunderground.com...one-675&highlight=kamaka+white+label+baritone

Once again, I did not "Gazump" you or steal anything from you. You had sent a pm expressing an "interest" in a ukulele. 24 hours later the uke was still unsold. I sent a pm with an offer to purchase a uke and lo and behold, the seller accepted my offer.

Just because you look at a girl first doesn't mean she'll go out with you. You have to ask her out.

As for Aloha spirit, you sent me several nasty pm messages because I dared to make an offer on a ukulele.
You snoozed, you lost. Get over it please.

And yes, I am asking for more than I paid because I think that's the market for the Kamaka. It is in fantastic shape and looks and sounds great as a tenor or a baritone instrument.

In the past I have sold things for less than I paid when that was the market.

I am open to offers and willing to sell this ukulele to anyone anywhere in the world, except for you.

I just thought this background information might be useful to prospective buyers. A fair go for everyone, rather than making a quick buck out of your fellow UU members.

Last edited:
What kind of strings would work best tuned GCEA on your Kamaka baritone? Did you have it tuned baritone DGBE for your YouTube video? Has it ever had any repairs? Would really like to hear a strumming sound sample if possible.
Thanks,

I just thought this background information might be useful to perspective buyers. A fair go for everyone, rather than making a quick buck out of your fellow UU members.

Sometimes things go up in value, sometimes they go down. I guess you would have complained about things that sold for less than I paid too?

What kind of strings would work best tuned GCEA on your Kamaka baritone? Did you have it tuned baritone DGBE for your YouTube video? Has it ever had any repairs? Would really like to hear a strumming sound sample if possible.
Thanks,

When I got it, I think the strings that were on it were living waters. They were linear, I don't think there were any wound strings on it. My personal string preference for GCEA tuning on my tenor Kamaka is Worth Clear.

I'll record some strumming tomorrow.

As pointed out elsewhere, I bought this used about a year ago. I bought it so that I would have a quality baritone to play while a custom uke was being built for me. The previous owner had the frets dressed by a shop called "Acoustic Vibes"
It doesn't appear to have any repairs ever done to the wood. No cracks or visible marks. I have kept the case humidified in Winter months. Like any of the instruments I've sold, I offer the same deal "if you don't like it, ship it back to me."

Last edited:
That Big Rusty is very cool :cool:

I bought the Big Rusty to play till Mya-Moe finished a custom tenor resonator. The Rusty is deceptive. It sounds great and attracts attention big time. It's one of those things that looks better from 10 feet away than it does up close. I got it from Eugene and I'm sure there is a video somewhere where Jon really rocks it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom