What Kind Of Acoustic Amp?

Hawkshaw

Reaction score
I recently got a new tenor ukulele with a MiSi pickup in it. I have always played without an amp, so this is very new for me. A friend suggested that I get a Fishman Loudbox Mini Acoustic Amp. is this a good amp and are there others in the same price range ($150-$250) that would do the job. Any suggestions are really appreciated. Thanks

Yes, I've been very satisfied with the sound and portability of my Fishman Loudbox Mini. Well worth the Baht. (I bought it in Thailand.)

I did have one unexpected problem with it however. I was using a cheap cable and part of it broke off inside the input. There was no way to get it out and the amp is sealed shut. Only an authorized dealer has the special tools/know how to open it up in a method approved by the manufacturer.

Roland Mobile AC

a review was done on the acoustic a20 which is ~120usd. Another option is a kustom pa50 which is 99usd, goes on sale for 79usd.

Not sure about the price on the Fishman Loudbox, but when I was at Guitar Tex (my uke and Guitar store) when they installed the LR Baggs 5.0 to my Pono Pro Classic ATSHC-PC we tested it through a Fishman Loudbox in the store. It sounded sweet.

For our gigs we run everything through a Bose Compact which out of your price range (we also have a u-bass, a guitar and 2 vocals). If the price is right, I would go for the Fishman Loudbox.

I have a Fishman mini, and I like it. at the time I bought it I tested many amps and thought it sounded the best. I got mine for about $260 shipped. I searched online for the cheapest price and then called Musicians Friend and they beat it. It's heavy, but rock solid and is loud enough for a small venue all by itself. Amazon has it for $262. 4.9 out of 5 with lots of reviews.

Top Bottom