NUD: Vorson FSUK-1 Flame Maple S Style Electric Ukulele

Olarte

Reaction score
Ah-UAS!!!

I could not help myself, I got curiouser and curiouser and had to pickup a Vorson Stratocaster electric Uke. I have a RiSa LP and. Risa Bean, but for the money, the style and yes the fact that the vorsons come reentrant I figured it was worth investing the 119.

Unfortinatly the black ones that are 119 are not to be found, but a great music store same day music had a flamed maple and quilted maple. So I got the flamed maple for 139 and it was delivered in two days.

Well I had read how they come with some blemishes etc, but maybe I got lucky. I was surprised how much o like it!!!

I could not find a single blemish on it. The intonation is fine, tuning is ok, and the action is good as well. I compared to the RISA LP and for the money the Vorson sure holds its own.

The reasons why Im glad I got it are.

1. For the money I was impressed with the overall quality.
2. I like having a reentrant tunning since I have two with low g.
3. I love the Stratocaster style body. In fact I don't care for the other two styles that the Vorson comes in.
4. If I ever want to bring an electric Uke on a trip with me i can bring this one and not risk bringing the much more expensive Risas.

So that's the end of my confession and I'm not sorry one bit. *grin*

Here is some eye candy for you...

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Last edited:
I like the new baby - wow, what a wall of beauty you have going there!

I know Jenny I pick them very carefully and can't get rid of any (except for gifting one or two).

It's the only thing I spend my mad money on, and the bulk of it came from a severance package after z5 years... Then Cancer happened and now I really love them all and any sense of guilt got removed along with the Cancer.

I've also managed to meet many if not most of the classical guitarists and ukulele artists that I admire (gosh too many to name) and pictures from those encounters are hung on the walls behind the ukes. I guess it's my sanctuary of sorts.

Music is in my blood and what makes me most happy day to day, along with my dog skip by my side.

Last edited:
Nice wall, but what's that humongous thing with the 6 strings?!?!?! :shaka:

That's the Queen Bee... After 6 years of weekly classical guitar lessons, she is still my true love when it comes to Bach and such... The model's name is Clarita and it's a beautiful sounding cedar top, in someone else's hands of course...:rolleyes:
If you want to see what she sounds like I have some old videos on my YouTube channel :music::shaka:

Nice wall, but what's that humongous thing with the 6 strings?!?!?! :shaka:

I'm trying to find a reason to justify buying one of these. I'm not pick educated.

My justification was I just wanted the Telecaster look, I don't know when I'm going to play it, but for the price, I got it anyway.

Great value on that uke. Nice buy. I have a Risa red kidney bean like the one on the wall.

I dunno about you guys, but I cannot find a single blemish, or defect... I notice the headstock is black, the online pics on same day music is plain wood...

I think they have improved them a bit and I have a later version? For the money it's quite good.

I agree with you there Olarte - they are great for the money. Mine one is all black (black version is the only one available in Australia) and its the same, no defects, blemishs, etc - and setup was remarkably good straight out of the box. I pulled mine completly apart, including the taking the coves off the pickups to have peak - and it all looks good on the inside as well.

I have mine restrung - low G - with D'addario flatwound extra light chromes. I really like the feel and sound of this setup.

I play mine mainly with fingers as my preference.

Last edited:
Top Bottom