Going to a Kanikapila - Phoenix, AZ

Melissa82

Retired Moderator
Reaction score
That sounds like a lot of fun. The book mentioned on their Facebook page also looks good, the He Mele Aloha book - I added it to my "get" list on Amazon.

I live in the Phoenix area and I am an avid uke player, but I can't make this event. I also always have mixed feelings about kanakapilas in general, since I don't know any Hawaiian songs. But hopefully I will make the next one of these.

We have similar Kanikapilas using the He Mele Aloha book here in the Bay Area. They're fun and, at least at the ones I've attended, the people are warm and welcoming and they don't care about your proficiency on the ukulele or with Hawaiian music. Have fun and please report back how it was.

I live in the Phoenix area and I am an avid uke player, but I can't make this event. I also always have mixed feelings about kanakapilas in general, since I don't know any Hawaiian songs. But hopefully I will make the next one of these.

Most people that are attending are from the Glendale group, and they aren't of Hawaiian background, so I wouldn't worry about it, lol.

I'm going to meet new people since I'm new to Phoenix as well as practice my chords.

Top Bottom