Pono defined

strumsilly

Reaction score
The folks at Dixie did a nice thing and donated a Pono to a deserving person. I looked up Pono and learned something. seems they already knew that.

Pono generally translates to righteousness. According to actor Jason Scott Lee, who grew up in Hawaii, living pono means living "with a conscious decision to do the right thing in terms of self, others, and the environment.

That is really cool. We need more pono in this world.

Interesting. I always thought it was an oily type of fish typically served on a bed of kale.

Interesting. I always thought it was an oily type of fish typically served on a bed of kale.

I believe that is "Ono" which is David Ingalls buisness/uke brand and it does have a long slender fish on the label. Maybe Pono is short for poached Ono. See what I did there.

Enough foolishness. That was a very nice thing they did.

Pono, ono, umi oh my.

Pono generally translates to righteousness. According to actor Jason Scott Lee, who grew up in Hawaii, living pono means living "with a conscious decision to do the right thing in terms of self, others, and the environment.[/QUOTE]

I would say this definition embodies John Kitakis, president of Ko'olau Pono and Andrew, his son. They also offer ukes to deserving people ... we need more Pono in the world ... or at least in Canada!

Top Bottom