NUUD: Vintage Airplane Cedar-top Baritone | Baritone Finger-style Tabs

Ukulele Eddie

Reaction score
I recently had an opportunity to toy around with a baritone Uke (thanks, Lori!) and really enjoyed it. Not in a position to overly indulge UAS at the moment, I scoured eBay looking for a deal of sorts.

I managed to pick up a nice vintage Airline (doh! the subject line is wrong) Baritone at a pretty reasonable price ($180 plus shipping). As I understand, these were made by Harmony in the late 50's and 60's. It has a Mahogany body with Cedar top and is in quite nice condition given its 50+ years of age. It has a repaired crack on the top but I didn't really mind. It needs some additional work; the action is way too low and there are several frets that aren't level.

Here is a link to the sound sample provided by the previous owner, who was a pleasure to deal with:

http://youtu.be/pO4YIheKjn4?list=FLDwqXNVvgXDbshYsTXnuWpw

If anyone has any nice, baritone finger style tabs to share, that'd be fantastic. It would give me something to really help explore this lovely Uke.

Last edited:
Re: Baritone tabs

Go to humblebaritonics website and you will find a wealth of material

but also consider that you can just play regular uke tabs and they will sound fine. they'll just be in a different key.

Remember that you can string a baritone basically 4 ways:

DGBE dGBE GCEA gCEA there are strings sets for these various tunings available from Southcoast strings and Aguila

Top Bottom