i need advice guys

Regster

Reaction score
im getting a new uke once i get my tax so i need help in deciding tell me the difference in sound between this ukes. I'm actually researching about this ukes but its good to hear personal opinions of others.

pono concert pkc-2
koaloha concert kcm-00
honu tenor ukulele

I have only played the Honu and Pono and the Honu was a sweet sounding instrument and I was not impressed with the pono I played. I know that I want a KoAloha and I don't think there is a better production uke out there.
Ultimately it is your decision and you alone will be the owner of the uke. Don't cave in to peer pressure. Go with your heart.

I have only played the Honu and Pono and the Honu was a sweet sounding instrument and I was not impressed with the pono I played. I know that I want a KoAloha and I don't think there is a better production uke out there.
Ultimately it is your decision and you alone will be the owner of the uke. Don't cave in to peer pressure. Go with your heart.

i am new to the ukulele world.. as in.. about 6 months.. i started on a Kala Makala Tenor Ukulele.. it was 70 bucks.. and well worth it.. it made me fall in love!! i wish i still had it (left it at an girls house i was seeing.. and after i decided to not see her i did not see the uke again) it was okay.. because 2 months after the Makala I was so in love with Julia Nunes that I looked hardcore for a Bushman.. and I picked one up.. BU-T7. i had a kk pickup put in.. and it worked well..

then i took a trip to hawaii... and whenever i told people of my bushman.. i would get funny looks.. "that is a toy" they would often say... i didn't know what they meant until i started picking up some of the ukes around th island.. drawn to the koaloha by the 5 point head.. i picked it up.. and LOVED the sound.. at every shop i would ask them to get the koaloha down time and time again.. i went to some shops three or four times.. i would play all sorts of ukes.. hawaiian... and other.. and each time i like the koaloha the best..

so i then took a factory tour... and after meeting the people.. i was sold! i put in an order for my own tenor.. but it seem sit is going to take a bit to make.. so i bought a concert off ebay.. i get it today.. today!!!!!

i would go with koaloha.. but that is just me..

video to be posted of the new uke soon..

d

The KoAloha concert is widely considered the benchmark of production concert ukuleles. They are very loud and resonant. You pretty much can't go wrong with one of those. I played a couple of them a month or so ago back to back with my custom built Kepasa concert and I was impressed with both KoAlohas. It's difficult for an inferior uke to sound impressive against a great instrument (I consider the Kepasa a great instrument), so that re-affirmed the greatness of KoAloha concerts to me.

great replies guys, i have heard alot of great things about the koaloha n from the vids of gutings super mario they sound pretty good.

I actually played uke on n off since feb last year but i have decided to play the uke more seriously since its a pretty underrated instrument here, but from what ive seen aldrine, jake n some other ukers do the instrument can do much more. Thats why i need a good performance uke so i can show its greatness.

I don't have a KoAloha concert, but I do have a superconcert which has the same concert body. And if you can justify the higher price, I'd go with the KoAloha concert because it will probably hold its value better than the Pono or Honu. The sound in my KoAloha is suprisingly resonant and rich, considering the instruments relatively low profile body. I'd say that it makes better sound than my much larger Pono tenor body.

Top Bottom