Three vintage uke books - 2 May Singhi Breen, and Hits from Hawaii

Status
Not open for further replies.

janeray1940

Reaction score
Aloha all - weeding the bookshelves again and came across these three which I'm guessing will better serve another member than they are me.

Included in this lot are:

• May Singhi Breen Collection of Ukulele Solos
  • May Singhi Breen New Ukulele Method
  • Hits from Hawaii for the Ukulele

Asking $40 for all three, including shipping, US only, Paypal only. But please feel free to make me an offer.

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    96.1 KB · Views: 32
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 22
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 21
  • photo 4.jpg
    photo 4.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
Hi Janeray. I have May's New Ukulele Method, but I'm interested in her Collection of Ukulele Solos.
Is this beginning fingerpicking? Are the songs really old fashioned? (I don't think much of Sam, The Accordion Man in the New Method book.)

Would you sell it separately, with shipping, for $15?

Hi Janeray. I have May's New Ukulele Method, but I'm interested in her Collection of Ukulele Solos.
Is this beginning fingerpicking? Are the songs really old fashioned? (I don't think much of Sam, The Accordion Man in the New Method book.)

Would you sell it separately, with shipping, for $15?

Hi Ginny - I just want to make this easy on myself and sell them all at once. So stand by - if there are no other takers then I'll consider it.

Honestly I don't know anything about these - never even opened them until today (and have no idea how they came my way other than people tend to pass "old stuff" they find to me!). The index is pictured in the third photo above. Definitely old-fashioned by today's standards but probably not so much when it was published in 1955 :) They appear to me to look more like chord solos than fingerpicking.

I agree about selling as a lot. See how that goes.

I really like her arrangements in the New Ukulele Method. Three of the songs have become real favorites of mine.

Monday bump and price drop. All three for less than a single copy of the Breen book goes for on Amazon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom