IUke and BeatBuddy Pedal Demonstration. - Serenade for Raye & Europa

Olarte

Reaction score
This is an on the spur demo of the IUke piccolo ukulele and the BeatBuddy Drummer pedal. I'm playing Serenade for Raye, a composition I wrote for my wife, and my piccolo rendition of Carlos Santana's Europa (Earth's Cry Heaven's Smile).

For more info on the BearBuddy pedal please go to http://mybeatbuddy.com

Note: The BeatBuddy Drums would normally be played louder, I made them low in volume on purpose since this is primarily a demo of the iUke Piccolo Ukulele and the Aquila 94U strings.

Wonderful, Ivan, wonderful! The intonation sounds quite good. Thank you so much for putting the video together. The Serenade for Raye is pretty. She's a lucky lady.

Thanks Jenny, yes I was surprised how good these strings sound. I found two sets on ebay and when I get them I plan to try them out on my other pocket ukes, turn them into real piccolos.

Glad you liked the video.

Ivan

Thanks Keonepax, yes the little Pineapple iUke is awesome. Although the nut is narrower than the Kala or Rubin... You can get it through Amazon.

What I like personally is that I can play from a huge classical guitar down to this tiny narrow iuke. Amazing how one's body and perception can change without too much thought about it.

And if you already have a Sopranino, the Aquila 94u strings should work but are harder to find in the US.

Great demo, Ivan! The picco-lele sounds great! I wants!

Thank you for sharing another great video

Thanks -what got me interested was the Beat Buddy. I've been looking into that pedal all week and think it would be a great tool to help the local use group stay with the beat. And me - since I tend to speed up was I play.

Yep, it's a great pedal, well worth it for backing tracks and even live playing.

However, Digitech Trio is coming out in March for 179, and that's supposed to give you a "band in a box" feeling. you "teach" it each part of a song, then it's supposed to provide a Bass and Drum backing track.

You may want to check out another video where I used it as a background track. the thread for that is here

with a few weeks to go, I would wait and see how that one fairs. IN fact I hope to get one as soon as it's released, I'll be glad to post a quick review if youd' like.

Thanks -what got me interested was the Beat Buddy. I've been looking into that pedal all week and think it would be a great tool to help the local use group stay with the beat. And me - since I tend to speed up was I play.

Top Bottom