Sawaddee kub = Aloha in Thailand

zataonline

Reaction score
Sa wad dee (Thai greeting)

I'm Thai, My nickname is Ta.

For me, uke is a love at first sight. I saw a Somewhere over the rainbow/ What a wonderful world music video on youtube about 2 years ago.

I've never know about uke before at that time I thought it was a small guitar play by a big guy (Israel kamakawiwo) which is really cute to me.

So, I decide to find more info about it in the internet. Then, I try to find a place to buy in Thailand which is rarely and has only china made uke which is not a good sound quality.

In Thailand, there are just a few people playing uke. I hope I could learn something useful and share some of my songs in this community.

Thank you.
Ta

Ps. sorry if my english is not good.

I agree with previous poster, Thai food is THE BEST CUISINE EVER!!!! Maybe you'll post some of your recipes??? I would love that!

Welcome to the board. Don't be modest! You're English is beautiful. Much better than my Taiwanese! :)

I wonder what websites you might be able to buy your uke from. Obviously there's ebay, but then again, if you're not sure exactly what you want and you're nervous about not being to try it first, maybe you could order from somewhere that would have free returns or exchanges. I think where I got my uke (flea market music) you were allowed to return it within a certain amount of time. You should look into that if you're nervous what to get.

I'm very happy with my flea though, if that's something that interests you. It's a very good beginner uke. And it's indestructible! I can take in anywhere.

Well, welcome to the board, and let us know how your uke search goes!!!

Hey Man!
I play uke in thailand too!
hah, I agree, I bought a cheap uke in the uk, and have been unable to get hold of a better one out here.
I've been looking for more people who play uke, are you in Krung Thep?
Haha, this is really exciting for me =)

Hi Ta,
I too always bring my uke to Thailand. my wife is Thai and we go back usually twice a year. Welcome to Ukulele underground!

Top Bottom