Koa Works

p-guitars

Reaction score
Hi,

Anyone how played these Koa Works ukes? Let me know, i like to buy someone but i live in Europe...
Greetings from Holland
P

I get frustrated sometimes when I post a question and get people looking at the thread but nobody saying anything. As one of the people who looked at this thread and didn't say anything earlier, I'd tell you that I'm always happy to offer my opinion, but I don't have time to independently research everything about stuff other people ask. Others may feel the same. So I think it would help if you could provide more information. Is there a specific geographical region where Koa Works Ukes are sold (then you could direct your question to people who live in that/those area(s).) Does the manufacturer have a website or retail outlets you can post links to? Is there a specific size you're interested in? What other brands of ukuleles are you considering as alternatives. I find that the less you have to ask other people to do just to understand and be responsive to your question, the better the response is likely to be.

Reading your post was the first time I ever even heard of Koa Works Ukes, so I'm afraid I can't be very helpful.

I get frustrated sometimes when I post a question and get people looking at the thread but nobody saying anything. As one of the people who looked at this thread and didn't say anything earlier, I'd tell you that I'm always happy to offer my opinion, but I don't have time to independently research everything about stuff other people ask. Others may feel the same. So I think it would help if you could provide more information. Is there a specific geographical region where Koa Works Ukes are sold (then you could direct your question to people who live in that/those area(s).) Does the manufacturer have a website or retail outlets you can post links to? Is there a specific size you're interested in? What other brands of ukuleles are you considering as alternatives. I find that the less you have to ask other people to do just to understand and be responsive to your question, the better the response is likely to be.

Reading your post was the first time I ever even heard of Koa Works Ukes, so I'm afraid I can't be very helpful.

Mark..Stan never showed you his Koa Works Uke?

they are built in Kaneohe I think....I played a few from Pua Pua at the Sheraton....but to much noise in the store to really make an opinion....
not many out there...not sure if that means anything

http://www.hawaiianukuleleonline.com/hand-made-ukuleles/koa-works-ukulele

Last edited:
Yes Len, I got one I think... um :)
Yes rich makes nice custom ukes in kaneohe, Oahu
Mine is all koa with a spuce top, and it took some time to open up but it did nicely and has an amazing tone
Warm and rich, very nice, I seem to remember that when Sarah Maisel and Craig came
To my house, she really played it alot for a long time
I just pulled mine out to play it and got carried away, it sure has that lovely Hawaiian sound
Balanced tone, nice warm with a hint of sweet high , Good volume , and enough punch and sustain
If you want pictures or want rich phone number, please ask...better to buy direct or if you
Know of a used one selling to try them out first...hope it helps, happy strummings

Last edited:
Mark..Stan never showed you his Koa Works Uke?

they are built in Kaneohe I think....I played a few from Pua Pua at the Sheraton....but to much noise in the store to really make an opinion....
not many out there...not sure if that means anything

http://www.hawaiianukuleleonline.com/hand-made-ukuleles/koa-works-ukulele

Yes Len
Rich works full time as a fireman on molokai, and flies back and
forth to oahu, he has been building for a long time, my nut and
Saddle has molokai deer horn as he works on that island. That
May account for why many have not seen or heard of them
Or the low numbers made, it is very much a custom though like Lymana.
Also in low numbers and high quality customs and the premimum prices

Last edited:
ukulelefriend.com has a bunch of koaworks for sale. they are not cheap but they look (and seem to sound very nice). I have heard of them for a long time, but I don't know anyone besides Shawn who has one.

Wow, that's a chunk of change. Wish I was loaded like Stan. You been holding out on us buddy! And a private concert by Craig and Sarah? Who could possibley have more infuence in the Ukulele world than Stan the Man?

Google Jon Prown and you will find youtubes of him playing a couple of Koa Works. They are a few years or more old.

There are also audio samples on his Ukeland site, but not all of them are played on one of his Koa Works.

Great uke.

John

Yes Len, I got one I think... um :)

I love it when Stan says things like "I got one I think". He has an ukulele grotto that he lets very few people see. It's accessed through a tunnel from the back of his house. Even Stan doesn't know how many ukes he has back there! Must be thousands...... :)

That may be, Chuck, but one that is NOT hidden away is the MoreBettah!
That's for sure! :)

keep uke'in',

I love it when Stan says things like "I got one I think". He has an ukulele grotto that he lets very few people see. It's accessed through a tunnel from the back of his house. Even Stan doesn't know how many ukes he has back there! Must be thousands...... :)

I apparently only got to see the front showroom. I'm going to have to persuade Stan to show me the rest of his impressive ukes.

I apparently only got to see the front showroom. I'm going to have to persuade Stan to show me the rest of his impressive ukes.

I got to play it I think and it sounded good or was that one of his many other brands?

I got to traverse the passage through the secret corridor into the dark recesses of the ukulele showroom. Interesting that there's not even room for a mattress back there. Stan just sleeps on a mound of a couple of thousand ukulele cases. The story goes that one may discover him, in quiet moments, levitating up there, guru style. Evidently the downtrodden will often flock to his abode with a single fish and walk out with 5000.

I got to traverse the passage through the secret corridor into the dark recesses of the ukulele showroom. Interesting that there's not even room for a mattress back there. Stan just sleeps on a mound of a couple of thousand ukulele cases. The story goes that one may discover him, in quiet moments, levitating up there, guru style. Evidently the downtrodden will often flock to his abode with a single fish and walk out with 5000.

Hahahahaha

hamburgler_zps2537946a.jpg

Where did you say Stan lives again ?

Top Bottom