FS: Pono Pro Classic Baritone RBC-(S)-PC Spruce Top With Cutaway!

Reaction score
Aloha!

I live on Oahu, and am lucky enough to live near the Pono warehouse. I went up there to purchase my first Pro Classic Baritone Ukulele. After playing it for only about a month I am realizing that I really do prefer the tenor size for the higher sound. With the holidays coming up, I need extra money more than an uke I won't play-better to sell it to someone who will!

Attached are some pictures. Its a really nice uke, the back is stunning-I love the way Pono's rosewood looks. The cutaway adds so much sophistication to this instrument. It was marked a second because of some finish defects on the front. I am not a picky person and prefer an excellent sounding uke, so I didn't mind the defects at all. In some light you can't even see them. Other than that the spruce mixed with rosewood is a premier tonewood combination--full bodied with clarity.

I bought it for $650. It honestly has no sign of wear...I played it maybe five times and always kept it in a hardshell case.

I want to sell it for $525, and i'll include my ko'olau hardshell case (I bought it new, for $80)

Let me know if you have any questions!
IMG_1409.jpgIMG_1421.jpgIMG_1419.jpgIMG_1411.jpgIMG_1417.jpg

Hello,

A few things ...

Could you please follow the rules and include in a picture your UU name and date? This authenticates the sale.

As a Pono second, could you please post pictures of the areas where there are markings?

Thanks.

Aloha!

I live on Oahu, and am lucky enough to live near the Pono warehouse. I went up there to purchase my first Pro Classic Baritone Ukulele. After playing it for only about a month I am realizing that I really do prefer the tenor size for the higher sound. With the holidays coming up, I need extra money more than an uke I won't play-better to sell it to someone who will!

Attached are some pictures. Its a really nice uke, the back is stunning-I love the way Pono's rosewood looks. The cutaway adds so much sophistication to this instrument. It was marked a second because of some finish defects on the front. I am not a picky person and prefer an excellent sounding uke, so I didn't mind the defects at all. In some light you can't even see them. Other than that the spruce mixed with rosewood is a premier tonewood combination--full bodied with clarity.

I bought it for $650. It honestly has no sign of wear...I played it maybe five times and always kept it in a hardshell case.

I want to sell it for $525, and i'll include my ko'olau hardshell case (I bought it new, for $80)

Let me know if you have any questions!
View attachment 73281View attachment 73280View attachment 73279View attachment 73282View attachment 73283

I have bought a second Pono Tenor of the same wood and I am curious ... on the front are the markings under the sound hole ... sort of glue? And in two of your pictures the lower left bout looks dirty greyish black ... sorry ... perhaps it is the lens ... are these the markings you refer to as "in some light you can't even see them"?

Hello!

Sorry, I still can't figure out how to add a picture of myself to my profile! Any hints?

There are in fact two pictures that highlight the two spots that make this uke a second. The first picture is the yellow discoloring around the sound hole, and the second picture is that of the greyish markings at the bottom left of the top of the uke. Both are the finish defects that make this uke a second.

The discoloration, I believe, Is because of glue... but i'm not a professional. I just know that it is simply a cosmetic defect and has no affect on the structure or acoustic quality.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Hello!

Sorry, I still can't figure out how to add a picture of myself to my profile! Any hints?

He isn't looking for your picture. There is a sticky with forum suggestions:

8) Marketplace - Buying and Selling:
If you wish to sell anything in the Marketplace, providing the following in your post is a good idea:

1.A picture or pictures of the actual ukulele being sold, not a stock photo of the model;
2.The reason you are selling the instrument;
3.Your price and terms (shipping and handling, etc.).

To increase the chances of selling your ukulele, you may also provide the following:

•A video and/or audio sample of the ukulele being being sold;
•A time-stamped picture with "Ukulele Underground" and your username written on a piece of paper in front of the ukulele.

Hello!

There are in fact two pictures that highlight the two spots that make this uke a second. The first picture is the yellow discoloring around the sound hole, and the second picture is that of the greyish markings at the bottom left of the top of the uke. Both are the finish defects that make this uke a second.

The discoloration, I believe, Is because of glue... but i'm not a professional. I just know that it is simply a cosmetic defect and has no affect on the structure or acoustic quality.

Let me know if you have any more questions!

Hello,
Thanks for confirming my thoughts ... I have seen the "yellow" glue ... on my second ... just played it ... I love the tone.
But the greyish discolouring I have not seen before.

And John is right ... just thought it would help legitimize your sale ... thanks for letting me know.

I have a Pono Pro Classic Cedar/Rosewood Tenor that I was going to sell so that I could get a baritone. Would you be interested in a swap, since you only want to play tenor? Mine is also a second, though I cannot find the flaw.

I was wondering if this uke is still available for sale?

Top Bottom