Ideas for a Dream Uke

If I told you my idea might get stolen. Just kidding.

This is a real tough question. I mean probably just about any kind of wood has at least been experimented with by this time so that is out. Metal, seen at least one, Waverly Street ukes. I believe Dasilva did a carbon fiber uke at some point. Plastic has been done i think. Concrete?:eek:

Here is one i haven't seen fiberglass. (Patent Pending):D I think you could do some cool visual designs and stuff, but I am not so sure about the sound. I am sure if you could get a thin enough layer on top it would work. I don't know how sturdy it would be though.

This could be an interesting thread.

A production-model carbon fiber uke (like Rainsong's guitars) would be sweet. Weatherproof!

There are ukes made to look and sound like guitars, basses, and banjos. But no sitar ukes yet? :O

A production-model carbon fiber uke (like Rainsong's guitars) would be sweet. Weatherproof!

There are ukes made to look and sound like guitars, basses, and banjos. But no sitar ukes yet? :O

With a recently adopted Russian child, I'm dreaming of a balalaika-uke. But there can't be much popular call for that.;)

My dream uke is a locally-sourced one - I live in Oregon, would like a concert uke built of Oregon curly claro walnut and Oregon myrtle (though I'd compromise on local for an ebony fretboard and bridge...). SOME day, I'll be going to a custom maker to take care of it for me!

Oh, I forgot one other dream item ...

FREE!!! :shaka: :nana: :D

Yes! Or at least it would only cost ten dollars. And still be a very good quality one.

Other than that, I'd want it to be painted nicely (with animals or something on it) and not have a buzzy note like mine does. (I didn't know what to look for when I bought it and I feel really bad about that, but it's bearable.)

And just because I'm making this up, I'd like one that can turn from a soprano to a concert whenever I felt like it and squirt rainbows out at everybody that would make whoever heard it stop being angry or sad and pick up one of the 600 ukes that were conveniently growing on a nearby tree. :D That would be amazing.

Top Bottom