Sleigh Ride - ukulele ensemble instrumental

janeray1940

Reaction score
Not a lot of others out there doing this sort of thing, so just thought I'd share what my group does:

You might recognize a few other UU members in this group...

Thanks for watching!

Last edited:
Sounds great! I remember when Steve first gave us "Sleigh Ride." I was just playing the old version I have from him today. Give him my best - and Happy Thanksgiving to all of you at McCabes. :)

Great arrangement. I love it.

That was just wonderful. Thanks for posting!!

Thanks, both of you!

Sounds great! I remember when Steve first gave us "Sleigh Ride." I was just playing the old version I have from him today. Give him my best - and Happy Thanksgiving to all of you at McCabes. :)

Thanks Staci. We performed this version two years ago, but decided to dust it off again this year since it's such a good one. We still miss you! Happy Thanksgiving.

Love it!@

Would have sounded better with a touch of Kiwaya pineapple, but still, it's great! :p:p

This is very lovely. I could listen to it far more than I could a strummed, sung version. Thanks for posting it.

(I do think everyone in an ensemble should sit still in a performance.)

So cool. Loved how everyone performed the arrangement. I'm ready for some snow now.

I like your version of this song. It's nice to see another ukulele-orchestra that's not just strumming and sing a song together.
Nice arrangement.

Greetings from Berlin, Germany.
Michael

Nice arranging and great sound.

Thanks all!

Love it!@

Would have sounded better with a touch of Kiwaya pineapple, but still, it's great! :p:p

I did experiment with the Kiwaya strung low G for this, since that little uke can PROJECT. But as usual, I preferred the koa sound...

This is very lovely. I could listen to it far more than I could a strummed, sung version. Thanks for posting it.

(I do think everyone in an ensemble should sit still in a performance.)

Thanks Ginny! People seem to be pretty divided about what an ensemble should do during a performance. We have members who like to sit, and others who push for "choreography." My take on it is this: personally it's all I can do to just *play* without having to worry about memorizing the dance steps, so... I stand. Sometimes still, sometimes not so :)

I love it! Thanks for sharing.

Just giving this a bump for anybody who needs some holiday cheer to start their Monday with :)

That was great as well as different!:D

Top Bottom