Hello from Paris, Ontario.

Robin Harrison

Reaction score
Totally thrilled to be playing a 'ukulele.....been playing about 4 months now.
I started with an Ohana tenor just to accompany songs etc but have just got sucked into the whole 9 metres and now practice finger picking classical style each day.
I've got a really nice long necked tenor now.........I have got big hands and wide fingers so the 19" neck gives wider spacing between the frets and thus is a big help.
There is masses of help on the net and loads of great tutor books. I needed plenty of help to start with and with no teacher close by I figure if the average cost of a lesson in Ontario is $50-60/ hour then a $15 book is terrific value.
I'm not new to music. I play 2 sorts of concertina and button accordion.
I play for the Toronto Morris Men and lead an English traditional session at the Caledonian Pub every 1st & 3rd Wednesday in Toronto. We sing a lot and a couple of our guys are great guitarists. I've always admired ( and secretly envied) them and now I'm just delighted to be able to join in with them.
Concertinas are really excellent for song accompaniment for certain types of song..........BUT there are just some types of song that cry out for strings.
There are times when I get quite dizzy with pleasure at what the 'ukulele can do. I keep finding these great moments when I wonder how to get from one chord to another and find, well, if I just dot a finger down here, it's the chord I want. ie B minor to barre G.
I've been a participating member of concertina.net forum for many years and they are a well informed and courteous crew............I've been lurking here for a bit and it is apparent ukulele players here are the same.
I'm really pleased to be here.
Regards
Robin

Greetings and welcome. Glad you joined us and that you are having such a great time. That's what ukes are all about.

Hey there and welcome to UU. Sounds like you have a rich musical life going on - very good stuff!

Top Bottom