Where to buy Mainland ukes?

McSweeney

Reaction score
Other than directly from their website, anyone know any other online dealers that carry Mainland ukes? I'm specifically looking for the Red Cedar Tenor, but it's currently out of stock on their website and on Uke Republic. I know Sylvan Music in California has them which is near me, but that would be a 4 hour round-trip drive and shipping it out to me instead would be expensive.

Any other suggestions?

Where are you located? 'Ukulele Source in San Jose, CA carries Mainland.

I'm in Stockton, so San Jose would actually be a lot closer to me. I'll give 'em a call tomorrow and see if they the tenor in stock. Thanks for the suggestion!

Last edited:
Did you ask Mainland how long it would take to get one?

Did you ask Mainland how long it would take to get one?
While you are talking to them, ask them where the closest store is to you that carries Mainland ukes.

Uke Republic

More than likely, if Mainland is out of stock, most of his distributers or vendors or whatever the term is, will be as well.

For a mainland, I'd only go through Mainland Mike or UkeRepublic Mike. But that is just me. I like both guys. Can't go wrong with either of them.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. It turns out that Ukulele Source has it in stock! I'm about to make the drive out there and check it out. I'll report back here with what I end up with.

Thanks for all the suggestions guys. It turns out that Ukulele Source has it in stock! I'm about to make the drive out there and check it out. I'll report back here with what I end up with.

Say Hi to Smiley and Janet, they are good people.

Of course, you could always just send a PM to Hoosierhiver, the UU member who happens to own Mainland. You're more likely to get a definitive answer on availability from him.

Hey, maybe I'll see you there. I was going to visit Smiley on the way home today.

Awesome! Good luck, post up some pic's when you get it home! ;-D

Hey you guys! Came back with the tenor. It's absolutely beautiful and plays like it as well. Want to thank you guys for pointing me towards Ukelele Source, the folks there were very nice and even gave me an early Black Friday discount for making the hour long drive. Take a gander:

wUKLgQH.jpg

Can't wait to really play this thing. :cool:

Last edited:
That is sweet. I'm really leaning toward a Mainland when I decide to upgrade.

Handsome Uke. Let us know your thoughts after you've got to play it a bit.

Top Bottom