Looking for a Baritone

Status
Not open for further replies.

mingus

Reaction score
Hello!

First off, Happy Thanksgiving! Hope your week goes well.

Well, I tried a baritone recently and now I am on the hunt for one.

I am looking for an ALL solid woods baritone, no laminates please.

Also, I have two ukes that I could offer in trade if you are interested:

1. Augustino Loprinzi - All Mahogany - Longneck Soprano

2. Bruko - All Maple - Thinbody Soprano

Let me know what you have!

Thanks,

Kendall

Saw your notes and sent each of you a PM. Thanks again!

I'd go with the Kamaka bari that John Sargent is selling... but if you really wanted to go out of the norm, I'd look for a Giannini baritone on eBay... they're not that hard to find, not that expensive, but pretty good for the price! The vintage tone you get is so much different and possibly better than the modern ukes today
Giannini built these with solid mahogany and "laminated" the backs and sides with cypress, which isn't as bad as it sounds (because factories today have distorted the term "laminate") and gives an extra sweetness to the tone, not to mention reinforcing the sides and back. Look it up!

Paul's is super nice, but a little out of my price range! Thanks!

Still looking!

Hi, I have several Pono Baritones for sale. I have an MB and a ABD for sale, plus some Pro Classics with Rosewood/Spruce and Rosewood/Cedar. Please call me asap, or message me, and I can describe the tonal variations between them as well as send you some pics of the character of the wood. I'm sure I could find something in your price range. Thanks -Ki

808-387-4583

www.krstrings.com

Hi, I have several Pono Baritones for sale. I have an MB and a ABD for sale, plus some Pro Classics with Rosewood/Spruce and Rosewood/Cedar. Please call me asap, or message me, and I can describe the tonal variations between them as well as send you some pics of the character of the wood. I'm sure I could find something in your price range. Thanks -Ki

808-387-4583

www.krstrings.com

I bought soothing from Ki and am very pleased with the quality. Just sayin��

Hey, thanks everybody!

My cash limit is no more than $400.

Could do a little better than that if someone wants to take a soprano or two in trade plus cash!

Hey, thanks everybody!

My cash limit is no more than $400.

Could do a little better than that if someone wants to take a soprano or two in trade plus cash!

Call Kilin. He has some top quality used Pono Baritones and might take something on a trade.

Thanks sam13. I have been emailing with him!

Hello! I am going to shut this thread now. I think I have a good handle on my options at this point!

I appreciate all the contacts!

Happy Thanksgiving!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom