Pinol baritone uke review

Ukulelerick9255

Reaction score
I won't be long winded some people had asked for a few words about it when I received it as they were looking at Pinol also. Making instruments since 1934 and all handmade by luthiers but new in the states so not much to read in the way of reviews. Cocobolo B&S with red cedar top. The uke is stunning with a a lot of sapwood on back and the sides. They recently raised prices from the 540 I paid to over 700 without electronics. Do I think its worth $700 plus....yes at 540 it's a steal. Wonderful tone, easy playability and great volume it stood up well playing with my brother on guitar.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    70.8 KB · Views: 110
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    80.9 KB · Views: 81
My buddy Jay just got a Pinol tenor, custom built. He loves it. If he'll let me take some pics to post here, I will, it's a beauty.
I'm about past the nastiness the Pinol guy took out on our moderators....

My buddy Jay just got a Pinol tenor, custom built. He loves it. If he'll let me take some pics to post here, I will, it's a beauty.
I'm about past the nastiness the Pinol guy took out on our moderators....

I will never get past that guys nastiness. You might not be aware of this but that past thread was removed because that guy threatened to sue Ukulele Underground. As far as I am concerned anything to do with Pinol should be immediately locked and removed from this site. If they are going to get hostile with UU we need to have the back bone to tell the guy to piss off.

That's nasty alright. I've seen lots of people sling around the word "lawsuit" when they are actually just blowing off steam while having a bad day. A builder or dealer should never be nasty to potential customers. I'm sorry I brought it up.
I told my buddy about the nastiness before he got his Pinol, but it was already being built, and he acted like he didn't care. He's not a UUer. I told him I might never deal with Pinol because I am a staunch supporter of the UU forum, even though I don't donate yet. On the other hand, I never want to bear a grudge against anyone, but I don't have to buy from them to forgive them. Dave, I don't blame you, but we don't have to read every thread just because it's here. I'm not reading the thread "I just had this thought" because to me, I'd be wasting my time. For example.
I feel a thread lock coming.....oh well....my buddy's new uke is a gem.

Last edited:
I have nothing against the instruments or people that buy them. If they enjoy them and playing makes them happy then that is great. I probably should not have weighed in either but the meat of that whole nasty thread was that guy attacking sam13 who is a close personal friend.

I will back out of this now and let the owners of these instruments have the conversations they were hoping to have.

Top Bottom