NUD: Pono Spruce/Rosewood Tenor

rockyl

UU VIP
UU VIP
Reaction score
While in Oahu I couldn't pass up the chance to buy a new ukulele from HMS, a Pono Spruce/Rosewood Tenor cutaway. Even got Corey to demo it for me:
http://youtu.be/UBWut2KqrNU

Congratulations! I love my Pono. May it bring you many years of enjoyment!

I have the same one. It is my favourite. Love the Spruce.

Very cool to have Corey demo it. It sounds wonderful.

Congrats!

I was trying to figure out what the sash was he seemed to be wearing diagonally across his chest. Figured it out, a strap, he has another uke strapped to his back. He can do stuff like that with all the talent he has. That is awesome to have on video, your uke sounded great. Love my Pono as well.

I was trying to figure out what the sash was he seemed to be wearing diagonally across his chest. Figured it out, a strap, he has another uke strapped to his back. He can do stuff like that with all the talent he has. That is awesome to have on video, your uke sounded great. Love my Pono as well.

That is what you do with the laminate hanging off your back ...

Rocky ... Love the cutaway Spruce ... great choice.

Yep, you are right, and as I recall it was his personal uke, though I don't remember who made it.

Sweet uke! CONGRATS rockyl!:shaka:

I believe it is his newly acquired pre-owned Ko'olau CS Custom Hawaiian(Cuban) Mahogany tenor.:shaka:

Last edited:
I remember that ukulele being sold here on the marketplace not long ago, if it is the same one. That instrument was gorgeous, a holy grail of mahogany ukes.

Yep! It's the one. UU member bearbike137 bought it brand spanking new from Andrew @ HMS and eventually put it up for sale here in the marketplace to fund another custom uke. I really like the look and sound of that specific uke ... but the satin finish is what held me back from pulling the trigger on it. My personal preference is a nitrocellulose high gloss finish for that price point ... which is absolutely MY personal preference. I'm not knocking satin finishes whatsoever.

Congrats! It is lovely! Yes it must have extra mojo now. :cool:

I love my current Pono Pro Classic, I have the cedar over rosewood, and I also love spruce tops. All my other Ponos were super. Wish I had the first one back!

I can only hope...

I hope you do get some Corey mojo. I have the Pono ET-PC, cedar- macassar ebony, that Corey played on their vimeo channel. Funny thing is, the damn uke sounds no where near as good as when Corey played it :confused: Something must have happened in transit :rolleyes: . I mean it was supposed come all mojoed up for me and everything. Maybe yours will have a double serving of mojo.

Last edited:
Very nice! Pono Tenors are magic, especially when Corey plays them. :cool:

Oh wow, a Pono taught to play by Corey! Congratulations!

Top Bottom