Ukulele Hat

beeejums

Reaction score
I'm not sure if I should have put this in general discussion... so if it goes there, go ahead and move it for me please!

I hurt my hand (poor me) and have spent my afternoon watching people on YouTube... and it it me... Ukulele players have the coolest hats. I think it's because so many of us are stuck in the nether regions between rock, blues, and jazz... speak up if you disagree...

I'm sure there are some sweet hats on UU... so post a picture of yourself in your favorite ukulele hat here. I'll start:

DSC02055.JPG

Sorry about your finger, beejums. Hope it gets better soon!

It's hard for me to pick a favorite hat. I love hats. the two I really like I no longer have - one was a huge Mad Hatter hat, and the other was a velvet jester hat with points that were super long, like down to my waist.

But here are my current, more functional hats:

- Jayne hat (from Firefly)
- Black and pink cat-eared hat
- Crocheted pink beret that I made myself, and the pic after is a knitted cat scarf I made to wear with it
- The green beret is not mine - I made it for my niece for St. Patty's day

Attachments

• cunning_small.jpg
    cunning_small.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 61
  • icanhazeerz_small.jpg
    icanhazeerz_small.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 48
  • ob_wearing_sm.jpg
    ob_wearing_sm.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 42
  • kittyscarf_wearing2_300.jpg
    kittyscarf_wearing2_300.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 38
  • kitty_300.jpg
    kitty_300.jpg
    38.3 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
That seems to be one I see around often ... and I LOVE IT! What is that style called?

I've got a Panama that I should take a pic with and a straw/bamboo weavy cap.

It's called a 'trilby,' but it's often misclassified as a fedora (fedoras have larger brims, and they aren't turned up in the back)

i have a whole room devoted to Fitteds.

n656346045_1633804_5395.jpg

noname-1.jpg

Thats sick. I'd love to see more pics of your fitted collection. I've only got a few hats, nothing too fancy, a few fitteds, a few baseball caps. I'll buy a fedora eventually though.

ej,
i actually stopped buying SF Giants caps in october and UH caps in december. I really only buy Fitted Hawai`i (Aloha Served Daily!) caps at this point, especially the Kamehameha hats, but i guess UAS may put a stop to that too! lol. here's a few more:

3312160023_ca1562d1fe_m.jpg

3312159973_9846a8488c_m.jpg
2279118248_e4dd38c157_m.jpg

1. shave ice kamehameha fitteds 6-pack
2. makani fitted (like those hawaiian "warrior" helmets) and a cheapie `ukulele my wife bought me and i grinded my nails on.
3. grape UH fitted and a Superfishal fitted. Some brown houndstooth nike CB34s. and a yarn lei i made.

the first two in the other posts:
1. red smoke in4mation "hi" fitted
2. teal kala fitted.

i guess i'm a little OCD, but i've been collecting (hats and abu garcia reels) for years. i have a hat for every day for at least the next year. and i can fish with a new reel for the next month and a half haha.

but back on topic. i really love wearing my Kamehameha fitteds when I play.

What is this "fitted" term you guys keep talking about - is that a brand or a style?

yash. fitted=sized. not sure how they come up with the numbers, but I'm 5/8ths sans hair. mostly new era (the company) and mostly baseball caps.

i feel naked with out one on. i'm seriously waiting for a `ukulele inspired design...

Pretty sure it is a size. Fitted means it has a size. I wear a 7 1/4 fitted hat. So not adjustable or flexfit (one size fits all).

You all got some cool hats.

Aah I see. I never knew there was such a thing in baseball caps - I thought they all had that plastic adustable thingee on the back.

Why do they all have stickers on the brims? I've always kind of wondered...

ahahaha, a kid told me back in highschool it keeps it "fresh" and then if he wanted to resell it to another kid its still "fresh"

Honestly I dont know, im guessing people like to look like this
nas460.jpg

and whats with the unbent brim, seriously.

yash. fitted=sized. not sure how they come up with the numbers
It's the circumference of the hatband in inches. You can find your size the same way you measure your chest/bust...just wrap a tape measure around your head where a hat would normally sit. (If you don't have a tape measure you can use anything that will wrap around and measure it with a ruler...for some reason this doesn't occur to people!)

Top Bottom