Always wanted one of these..

Tudorp

Big guy with a lil' uke..
UU VIP
Reaction score
I dont know why? Kinda weird, but I have always wanted one of these. A Armadillo Charango . I have the opertunity to pick this up pretty cheap. It needs some attention and work, but I think I am up to it. I might restore it and convert it into a Uke though. But these things are just cool IMHO.

cherango_zpsff0b706f.jpg

Looks so neat. I was at an Andes Manta concert where one was described as part of the 35 instruments that the four brothers use, but they did not play it that night. Would love to hear you play it.

That looks wild! I heard about these, but never saw a picture before...

I wonder if a similar instrument was every made from a tortoise/turtle shell?

Looks like a fun project. Armadillo only member of the animal kingdom to carry leprosy.

Ah so you shop at the online goodwill? I think i saw that uke there. Love that site.

Using a animal carcass as a soundbox - right up there with elephant foot drums - maybe back in the days where Armadillos and turtles where still in abundance and we did not know any better.

Today it just seems to have "what the ****" value and might serve as a conversation piece.

How does it smell?

Ummmmmm... ummmm.....

So, is the shell naturally shaped like a ukulele body, or, you know what, I don't need to know. I don't think I could play one of those. :D

Last edited:
Top Bottom