Anyone using Blue snowball or Nessier for recording ukulele?

M3Ukulele

Reaction score
I have a Mac mini and iPad and want to record my ukulele. Garage band is on both systems. These mic are well priced this Black Friday. Any experience with either. Nessie seems to have more features and both seem well regarded for inexpensive sub mic. Comments please.

Sorry title should read Nessie a new sub mic from Blue mic.

I love my blue yeti and would definitely recommend it. My next microphone will likely be a Blue microphone also(I am in love with the bluebird.) I haven't tried the snowball or the nessie myself. I am more impressed with the features of the nessie if the yeti is not available on that sale.

I haven't tried either one, but I'm in the market for a usb mic too, and based on reviews and UkeJay's recommendation I just ordered the yeti. For 30 bucks more than the nessie you get 3 condensor inputs inside the mic, which should make for better sound, as well as a gain knob on the mic itself to act as a preamp.

Yeti is definitely much better. It's way more money in my area as is the spark. Turns out the Nessie won't worth with iPad without adding usb power booster. Checked out a Samson Meteor mic on sale at Best Buy and it seems to have pretty good features including mute button, head phone jack with zero delay. Anyone tried the Samson? I'm thinking I want mic to be both usb on my Mac and work with my iPad. Both the Samson Meteor and Blue snowball will do this!

I've been using the Samson Meteor and I've been happy. But then, it's my only mic and I'm no expert.

Picked up a Samson Meteor usb mic today. I will advise when I start recording. Biggest factor was it works on both my iPad and my Mac with garage band without me having to buy any more hardware, I already had the sub camera adapter for iPadso..........And second....... It very portable so I can take it with iPad and record anywhere.

Top Bottom