FS: Uluru Pukana La IIC AAA Koa Concert

Status
Not open for further replies.

bennyhana22

Reaction score
SOLD

I am the original owner of this beautifully figured AAA Hawaiian Koa concert.
It was my first 'properly good' uke about 4 years ago. Much as I love it, I just don't play anything other than soprano now, and so am selling this in order to fund a new soprano.

Uluru ukes are handmade in a small workshop in Vietnam, and are made to extraordinarily high standards, without attracting the premium prices of some better known brands. Peter Moss of the The United Kingdom Ukulele Orchestra is so impressed that it has become his instrument of choice for touring and recording:

http://omegamusic.co.uk/buy/uluru-solid-koa-pukana-la-iic-concert-ukulele-peter-moss-uke

As hopefully you will see from the photos, the build and finishing is exceptional, particularly the faultless and beautiful maple binding. It is a wonderfully light and balanced instrument, with the warm tone of koa. I'm not sure it's even fully opened up yet, since I have neglected playing it in favour of my soprano! It has been kept in its hard case in the UK, so no issues with humidity etc.

There are no dings or cracks, and very minimal marks on an amazing high-gloss finish. You could use it as a shaving mirror!

Spec
Body shape - Concert Cutaway
Top - 3A Hawaiian Koa
Back and sides - 3A Hawaiian Koa
Neck - Mahogany
14 Frets to neck joint, 19 total
Tuners - Gold Friction, Koa buttons
Headstock veneer - Koa
Fingerboard - Rosewood
Bridge - Rosewood
Heel cap - Koa
Strings - Aquila Nylgut
Nut width - 37mm
Body binding - Maple
Fingerboard binding - Rosewood
Green/White purfling to top
Abalone/White rosette
Abalone 3mm fingerboard dots
Sun layered headstock design
Gloss Finish
Hard Case

This is your chance to get hold of a very high quality, handmade instrument at a great price. I am including a set of Worth Clears (double length) and Aquila Nylguts.

The uke is very secure within it's excellent, padded case. However I will reduce string tension, gently pack with bubble wrap inside the case, pack with bubble wrap and box-card for shipping.

Price
The uke currently retails for GBP£549. Mine is in almost mint condition, and I do need to let it go as I just don't play concerts anymore, but this is a lot of uke for the money!

THE UKE IS NOW SOLD

Shipping
Estimated shipping to the UK is GBP£26, insured to £500 and guaranteed next day delivery.
Overseas example - USA is GBP£79, insured to £400, 3-day delivery

Payment by PayPal, please (if done as a transfer to a friend, you avoid fees, if you want additional protection then I'd probably ask you to cover the fees, if that's OK)

Thanks for looking, and PM me if you are interested

Ben

WP_20141129_024.jpg

Last edited:
*Get back on Page 1 and Price Reduction bump*!

I can't believe no-one wants to buy this beautiful instrument, now at considerably less than half price!

Feel free to PM me...!

Ben

Hi Ben, sent you a private message but not sure if it went or not. Is the ukulele still for sale? Caroline

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom