Bushman ukulele...

UkerDanno

Reaction score
Anyone have a Bushman? There's one in the Marketplace, just got my curiosity up. Seems like there's mixed reviews for them. A new, really nice looking solid Acacia concert for $250 seems like a bargain.

I had a baritone and a tenor. Really nice ukes. Wish I hadn't sold them. Yes, they got a bad rep because the owner didn't ship on time or whatever but they're very nice . Get it and be lucky and happy.

The Bushman in the Marketplace is solid mahogany, not acacia. It has been reduced to $200. My son has an Eleuke branded concert size Jenny that sounded very good. He recently installed Living Waters strings and it is transformed. Sounds "awesome." With that hard shell case, it's quite a good buy. If I didn't have my Pono concert, I'd be tempted and I would install Living Waters as soon as I could get a set.

Hey UkerDanno. If you're considering it, I think you'd be crazy not to buy that ukulele. I've played a couple of Bushmans (Bushmen?). I was impressed. (I don't like the friction tuners, but that's my issue.) It's obviously a great deal on a very nice instrument. Nice case, too.

That Bushman is beautiful and the case is a perfect companion.

My very first Uke was their "Echo" Soprano, which was their entry level laminated Mahogany, but that appears to be no longer available. It was ok for what it was. Their "Jenny" and "Hawaiian" models look much nicer, though. Where are they made? I can't find any infos about that on their homepage.

Anyone have a Bushman? There's one in the Marketplace, just got my curiosity up. Seems like there's mixed reviews for them. A new, really nice looking solid Acacia concert for $250 seems like a bargain.

I bought a Bushman Jenny soprano nearly 10 years ago. Ukes were harder to find around here back then. Nice looking uke. Don't play it much since I switched to tenor with a low G. My main ukes are a Collings and a Mya-Moe resonator.

Top Bottom