its been a while need some advice here

iamesperambient

Reaction score
it's been a while since i posted. all my ukes are gone except my rogue baritone currently with living water reentrant G string sets on them. I had bought a set of SMU southcoast strings for my tenor which i no longer have. I had some money issues and had to sell all my ukes :/

anyway question can i put those south coasts on my baritone and tune them to a re-entrant G my living water strings are getting kind of worn out. I'm hoping to get either a new concert or tenor in a few weeks to a month have not decided on which size again yet. any advice appreciated thanks!

it's been a while since i posted. all my ukes are gone except my rogue baritone currently with living water reentrant G string sets on them. I had bought a set of SMU southcoast strings for my tenor which i no longer have. I had some money issues and had to sell all my ukes :/

anyway question can i put those south coasts on my baritone and tune them to a re-entrant G my living water strings are getting kind of worn out. I'm hoping to get either a new concert or tenor in a few weeks to a month have not decided on which size again yet. any advice appreciated thanks!

If you go to the south coast website they will give you some advice on putting their various strings on different size Ukes.
http://www.southcoastukes.com/ukulele.htm

Looks like they don't recommend using SMU strings for C tuning on baritones, but it's okay for B flat tuning.

Last edited:
If you go to the south coast website they will give you some advice on putting their various strings on different size Ukes.
http://www.southcoastukes.com/ukulele.htm

Looks like they don't recommend using SMU strings for C tuning on baritones, but it's okay for B flat tuning.

right well i use re-entrant G on my baritone currently not C i was wondering if it would be possible to use re-entrant G as it's a bit lower of a tuning but i only mentioned "A" and "Bflat" in the chart for the lower spectrum. I'm not really interested in the bflat idea i prefer the standards my ear is more accustomed to it.

Good to see you back!

Welcome back. Sorry to hear of the financial troubles.

You can try. They might be a little floppy for G since A is already on the low side of the chart. I have my baritone in Linear A and it is a good sound, so if you have to go up there to get a good tension, it's not a bad option.

Welcome back. Sorry to hear of the financial troubles.

You can try. They might be a little floppy for G since A is already on the low side of the chart. I have my baritone in Linear A and it is a good sound, so if you have to go up there to get a good tension, it's not a bad option.

thanks for the info ill give it a go i could try the A i suppose and see how it sounds.
i love re-entrant G tuning on my baritone its a nice mix of the classic uke sound and the more guitar like baritone uke sound.
Ill experiment and see what happens worst comes to worst i order another set of living water strings and throw them on these are
about 7 months old time for a change i think.

Top Bottom