Hola from Spain

JAC!

Reaction score
Hi All,

I just wanted to say thank you for all the info I have found on the forum.

I am a bass player, and was looking into getting a U-Bass for travelling, with the intention of being able to fit it inside my suitcase (I have too much hand luggage already, plus two checked pieces, due to my job).

However, after looking at the size of the U-Bass, and realizing it wouldn't fit in my luggage, I ended up researching Ukes, and have purchased a Kala KA-C, well to be truthful, it is an XMas present from my better half.

I am waiting for it to arrive at the moment, but I am looking forward to entering this new world. If I enjoy at least 1/2 of the amount I enjoy bass, it will make me very happy.

Anyways, thanks again for all the info shared here, and I apologize in advance for the noob questions which I am sure will arise in the near future!

JAC!

Benvinguts from Barcelona!

Hello and welcome! I think you will LOVE playing the ukulele. It is addictive. UU is full of great information to keep you addicted!

Welcome, Jac! Glad you've joined in! You will love the ukulele! So much fun!

Felicidades and welcome. Glad you joined us

Welcome Jac. When I visited my sister (near Alicante) last year I bought an iuke to take (as I knew I wouldn't last 5 days without a ukulele!): now that definitely fits in your luggage! Nice to have a newbie from Spain on board :)

Welcome to the forum. One of the reasons I took up the ukulele was because it fits in my luggage for traveling.

Last edited:
Wow, thank you very much for the warm welcome! I am not much of a forum joining person, in fact, this is only the 4th forum I am a member of (the others are a bass forum and 2 motorbike forums), although I do spend a lot of time reading and researching all kinds of things, and this kind of welcome is definitely not the norm!

My uke arrived this morning, although I haven't had time to do more than check that it is OK. Hopefully I will get some time with it later (unless my other half bans me from using it until Xmas :) )

Anyway, thanks again, and I hope to be on the track to learning this wonderful instrument soon.

P.S: @wayward, I also live quite close to Alicante, about 100km, which is pretty close for Spain.

Top Bottom