WTB: Excellent Mid to Higher Qualtiy Concert - Open to Suggestions

rappsy

Reaction score
I am interested in a higher quality concert and have heard great things about Anakoneke (thanks Hodge). In the price range I want to stay in, approx $600, I have read about Kanillea (as well as the other K's), Talsma, Loprinzi, Sailor, etc. At this price, I know I can't get a new one, but I have never needed to buy new, and frankly don't want to, and that's what makes buying here such a great resource. Every buy and trade I have made here has worked out beautifully.

WHATCHGOT? I like thinner necks and a scale of 15 to 15.5. Prefer a warm and full sound, as long as it still sounds like a Uke. Some I have played sound like a guitar. I do like the Uke sound.

I am open to suggestions and just because I may never have heard of it, doesn't mean I won't listen to what you have. Until I started coming around, I had not heard of most of the items that attract the most attention in the forum: Mya-Moe, Moore Bettah, Collings, GString, Blackbird, etc. I would love to be offered these as well, but alas they are out of this range, OR ARE THEY?

I look forward to seeing what this brings. WHAT DO YOU HAVE THAT NEEDS A NEW HOME???

Please include pix and sound samples if possible.

Last edited:
Take a hard look at the Martin C1K!

hope this works. Never tired to upload pics before.

I have a very nice Blackbear Custom Concert. It is made of 30 year old Koa. Koa top and body. Very nice soundI'd like to get $550 for it. Will send pics on request.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 103
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    92.2 KB · Views: 115
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 95
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 91
Last edited:
Dang... I'd go for that Black Bear concert if I were you rappsy... that looks sweet, Johnnies!
(By the way, we or at least I can see the pictures!)

I'm blown away that the pics showed up. I'm trying to get together a sound sample now. That should be interesting. I also have more pics if anyone wants to see them. I have had this Uke a little over a year. Concert scale is too small for my fingers, plus I just picked up a DaSilva that is absolutely killer.

I have a very nice Blackbear Custom Concert. It is made of 30 year old Koa. Koa top and body. Very nice soundI'd like to get $550 for it. Will send pics on request.

Winner, winner...........buy this now or regret it later. If I was in the market for a concert I would jump at this. Highly regarded custom builder at less than the price of any K brand, no brainer.

Winner, winner...........buy this now or regret it later. If I was in the market for a concert I would jump at this. Highly regarded custom builder at less than the price of any K brand, no brainer.

If you don't act now, DUD will buy it because he doesn't have any restraint ... ukes to him ... is like catnip to cats! LOL.

I agree with Dave, this is an excellent opportunity. Tremendous quality.

Jumping on the band wagon here....
I have a koa Black Bear concert.
From your description Johnnies Boy's uke would meet your needs in style. They have a nice thin neck, and sound very "ukey" - sweet, and ring like a bell.

Thanks all for the comments. Keep the suggestions coming. In the meantime, I have a PM to johnnies boy for more info.

For a while over the last two weeks, it was only tenors. Bring on the concerts. This is getting exciting. The Collings and the Baron River above this post look are amazing, but they are out of the price range I want to stay in.. See OP. . Thanks. Keep those cards and letters coming.

Last edited:
I am guessing that you passed on the black bear and someone else scooped it up real fast, that will haunt you. That is not a jab, just relating a personal point as I have regretted letting more than a few ukes slip through my grasp :mad: Didn't you recently buy a Cocobolo, if so how do you like that uke. They are very interesting looking.

Last edited:
Top Bottom