Case for Ohana Bass Ukulele (OBU-22)

Gillian

Reaction score
I need help/suggestions in finding a case, preferably hard shell, for my Ohana bass uke. The gig bag it came in isn't very well padded plus the zipper slider on the front pocket cracked and came apart :)mad:), rendering the front pocket useless to put stuff in unless I use duct tape or Velcro to stick it shut.

I asked Ohana if they made a hard shell case for it and was told no. I also called Elderly, since they sell the OBU-22, asking if they sold a case that might fit. I received a prompt reply saying they tried all their cases and none would fit the OBU22.

The exterior dimensions of the gig bag are: 36" long, 14" at the widest part (lower bout), and 6" at the neck. The neck section is 16" long before it begins to widen into the body of the bag.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Well, I solved my problem. I found that a gig bag made for a 3/4 size guitar will accomodate this bass uke. The headstock and tuners were too wide to fit in the 3/4 size hard-shell cases I tried.

I ended up buying an Access Stage 1 gig bag...much better quality and protection than the one Ohana supplies.

This thread can be closed. Thanks.

You bought another toy?!

I was going to suggest Guitar Showcase but looks like you've solved it already. :)

My hubby bought it for me as a surprise birthday gift. I got the fretless with lines model. It uses flatwound strings so there is no string noise and makes sliding into a note sound real cool...very different from the Kala U-Bass.

Your suggestion of Guitar Showcase was right on. That is where I bought the Access gig bag.

Come to our next meeting on Tuesday and you can give it a try!

Top Bottom