po mahina ukulele?

Reggie85

Reaction score
They have one for sale in my local music store. I played it and I think its okay. Its not too loud with aquila's strings but responsive and the intonation is good. It has ebony fingerboard, bridge pins like the kanilea and finish is satin. I would like to hear from other people who have played the brand because I checked youtube and didn't find much videos about it.

Hawaii builder Dennis Lake. I had one of his CBU concerts for awhile. Shawn did not disclose in his auction that the neck had twisted some on the box, probably from being left in a hot car. I spoke with Dennis several times about fixing it and he was very kind. There's actually a lot of info about the brand if you Google him. I also found quite a few videos on YT.

As with any uke, if you like it, it suits you well, and you can afford it, you might want to take it home. You can always resell if it doesn't charm your socks off every time you play it. ;)

Last edited:
Dennis makes nice stuff and is a fantastic guy. The Po Mahina 'ukuleles I've played were not fancy at all, but felt nice in my hands and sounded good. It's a handmade instrument. Each is different. Either you like it a lot or a little or not at all. Play it back to back with other instruments and see if it's your favorite.

Top Bottom