8 Channel Mixer under $70 bucks...

ricdoug

Reaction score
Vista (North County San Diego), California
8 Channel Mixer under $70 bucks...

I picked one of these up on Black Friday, for $89 bucks and ordered another one yesterday. It's advertised as a 12 channel mixer, but that's a stretch. It has 4 XLR / 1/4" inputs on channels 1 through 4 and for more stereo 1/4" channels. It's about the size of a laptop computer, so I'll carry them in laptop bags. Here's a photo of the mixer and outboard power supply:

20141130_114304.jpg

This is a link to the Cyber Monday sale price:

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Harbinger-L1202FX-12-Channel-Mixer-with-Effects-110448362-i3786483.gc

Here's a link to the owners manual:

http://harbingerproaudio.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/11/Lvl_L1202FX_Manual.pdf

I connected this mixer to 3 different P.A. systems, separately. It was very easy to adjust microphone sensitivity. Using a Line6 Pocket Pod, I played several electric guitars into the stereo channels. Using an LR Baggs Para Acoustic DI and separately a Behringer ADI21, I played several acoustic electric electric instruments into the stereo channels. It's amazingly clean and very low noise for a mixer of this price level. These are usually sold for $109 bucks. I bought both of mine for $89 bucks. Today they can be purchased for $69 bucks on Cyber Monday,

Here are the controls for channels 1 through 4. Volume, Stereo Pan, Aux send, High Pass Filter (cuts all frequencies below 75 hertz), Low, Mid and High. There's a peak LED on each channel to monitor clipping:

20141130_114304.jpg

Now you see the 4 stereo channel controls. Volume, Left and Right Balance, Aux Send, a sensitivity button and peak LED. There are RCA jacks for recording and playback using an external device. Onboard digital effects and controls. An LED VU meter, Phantom Power switch for condensor microphones and some pedals and volume controls for mains, monitors, studio monitors or headphones:

20141130_114345.jpg

The stereo 1/4" jacks for the 4 stereo channels, Main, Monitor, Studio Monitor and headphones along with the list of effects:

20141130_114400.jpg

Be curious to see what the longevity is on something like this. You can't beat the price (with FX?!), but I'd be pretty nervous playing without a backup. Keep us posted as it's interesting to see what sorts of budget options there are these days.

Top Bottom