Gold label Kamaka Soprano Uke

Smeckman

Reaction score
Here's a well played and loved Kamaka soprano ukelele. I bought this uke from the nephew of the original owner. I'm not sure about the age but it has a gold label. I'm guessing it would be a late 50's or 60's uke but I'm not sure.
The wood used is beautiful Koa wood with some nice figuring. There is some wear on the fingerboard but it still plays well. Action is good too. One of the tuner buttons is cracked so it doesn't hold that well in tune. It will hold for a while but goes out of tune after a day or so. There is also 2 cracks on the top that are stable and have been looked at by a luthier. They are located under the bridge and you can see them in the pics. There is also a crack running down the middle of the back which is stable also. There is also some honest play wear on the edge of the top and on the side which you can see in the pics.
Besides looking great, this guitar sounds awesome! It has outstanding projection and tone that you can't get in a new uke. The previous owner played this uke a lot! The soundboard has had a good workout. Comes with the original softshell case that has a replacement handle. I put a new set of Aquilla strings on it too.
Here is a link to some pics- http://s411.photobucket.com/user/Smeckman/library/Kamaka Uke?sort=3&page=1 Please let me know if you have any question! Asking $600 plus $20 to ship CONUS email- robert9908@sbcglobal.net

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 26
  • 034.jpg
    034.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 31
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg