I have a new luthier/repair guy!

Nickie

Reaction score
My Ohana is home! Woo-hoo! I have a new luthier! Low rates and great work, that uke plays better than ever! He is going to thin the "too fat" neck of my Kala ever so little, because it hurts my hand to play it. Then it will be smoothed and tru-oiled, like the neck of a violin. I think I'll have the "fastest neck in town" LOL.
He showed me a uke he built out of white oak and red oak. It was really pretty, even though it had no bling. It sounded great, and was easy to play. I called it an "Oakulele". The neck and headstock were too heavy, I'd select a lighter wood for that....but I told him I want to talk later about a build!

I am very happy for you. Could you post the hourly labor rates for Florida please? I like to keep tabs on these things.

I am very happy for you. Could you post the hourly labor rates for Florida please? I like to keep tabs on these things.

Please take no offense but that is a weird request. Hour labour rate in Florida on what.........brick layer, plumber, gardener, truck driver, they are all different. If you mean an hourly rate for a luthier I don't believe they are in a union so they set their own rates. If you mean the guy Nickie used a PM would be much more appropriate.

Please take no offense but that is a weird request. Hour labour rate in Florida on what.........brick layer, plumber, gardener, truck driver, they are all different. If you mean an hourly rate for a luthier I don't believe they are in a union so they set their own rates. If you mean the guy Nickie used a PM would be much more appropriate.

But then we couldn't go look how weird a request eh and wheres the fun in that eh? Its clear by the post they are looking for the hourly rate for policemen over the age of 45 and the kids that serve them coffee. Of course when questioning another on their way when not a moderator a PM might have been more apropos.

I only wish I was closer to check them out.
~AL~

But then we couldn't go look how weird a request eh and wheres the fun in that eh? Its clear by the post they are looking for the hourly rate for policemen over the age of 45 and the kids that serve them coffee. Of course when questioning another on their way when not a moderator a PM might have been more apropos.

I only wish I was closer to check them out.
~AL~

Touche and right back at cha. It is all good fun, hoping Iamnoman has a sense of humour. I believe he does

Luthiers in Florida or California make about as much as that guy down the street with the leaf blower.

Who is this masked luthier with low rates? We wanna know... nah the others might linch him :)

Are you sure IamNoMan is a he? Just reading into the name. :p

Sir.......you are Sherlock Holmes. I never deduced the meaning of the name as you have, Well played:shaka:

Nickie, sorry if I highjacked your thread. Congratulations for finding a luthier that you can trust and does work you benefit from with easier and better playing. I have a guy like that and he has literally transformed some lesser expensive ukes of mine into instruments that play as well and easily as some of my very expensive ones. Of course they don't sound the same but that is a topic for another thread.

No problem guys....highjacking threads can be fun too! PM sent to Iamnoman. Interesting handle....
I don't mind touting him. His name is Charlie Jirousek, and his company is named Arrowhead Music. Seems he does some repair work for Donna LoPrinzi. I can see why, Donna is very picky, and Charlie is very good.

Top Bottom