Beginner Ukulele Building Class in Portland Oregon

Jimmie Uke

Reaction score
This is my first post ever so I hope I'm not doing something inappropriate. I am just finishing a begginers ukulele building class at Pacific Northwest College of Arts in Portland Oregon and I am giving the class and instructors an "A". If you live in the area and have an interest in getting started building or if you just want to do a one-off "build your own uke" you might want to check it out:

https://cereg.pnca.edu/#p/adult/s/778

Again my appoligies if this message is redundant or a breach of etiquette.

Jimmie

we have etiquette? ;)

5.jpg1.jpgI'm going to second that (except that I doubt any of us will finish on time, although the instructors are going to give of their own free time to get us to the finish line with extra "classtime"). Here's where I'm at with two classes to go.

It's been really great.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 29
Don't worry about the etiquette (how is that spelled?). I'm a newbie here myself and everyone, including the professionals, have been very nice and accommodating to fumbling amateurs like myself... I like your uke. Nice simple understated lines and I'm a sucker for that contrasting black against a spruce top. Be sure and send final pictures... However, beware: Building ukes is EXTREMELY addictive. If one isn't careful they start reproducing like mushrooms all over your house until, well, eventually you have to get a bigger house. The next uke is always gonna be the one...

Top Bottom