Electric effects pedal & amp

SideburnBatman

Reaction score
Hi folks

I have a Brunswick concert uke, which has an electric pickup, so I've bought the kids an amp for Christmas.

They're both great musicians; in addition to playing the uke, one plays the sax and the other the piano.

I'm also thinking of getting an effects processor, so they can make some interesting tracks. Has anyone any experience of these? I'm thinking of getting a Digitech RP155, which has a looper feature too...
www.gak.co.uk/en/digitech-rp155/19536

I'm hoping this will inspire them to make some music instead of playing on their PS4 or phones all day.

Any tips or suggestions would be appreciated.

Al

Have them search their favorite songs on their phones in youtube adding the word UKULELE to the end of the song title before searching. This will interest them because it's their music found on their phone.

I noticed from your link you're in the UK. What model amplifier did you buy? Ric

Hi Ric

The amp I bought is a used one from eBay, it's a Sunn ST-15 Mustang. It wasn't very expensive, but it should be fine for messing around at home I reckon.

Al

I picked up a digitech RP360 for my Risa stick because it also allows USB connectivity to a computer for recording in DAW. While there are quirks and no presets that sound good with a ukulele, so you'll be spending some time playing to get your sound it really sounds amazing. At least to me using headphomnes.

The noise gate alone is worth the asking price.

Zoom had a comparable unit with USB connectivity and the ability for crazier sounds.

On the bigger units the Digitech unit will not loop with the drum machine active the zoom unit will. The Digitech unit only allows one style of pedal of each type so you cannot use two delays or a delay with a chorus, I believe the zoom unit allows this.

The computer connectivity itself it well worth it when dialing in sounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FBkkd2yZJWs

hope it helps

~AL~

Last edited:
Even a dedicated looper will bring hours of fun. I like the Digitech JamMan Express (under $100) and the EHX 360 (a little more). There are much more sophisticated options that allow for more tracks, quantizing, etc but entry-level loopers are still awesome practice tools.

Top Bottom