From Stop & Shop, To My Head!

soupy1957

Reaction score
Whilst grocery shopping this past Saturday morning; a ritual for us all, and no different for my wife and I; I heard over the speakers, a song that clearly was instrumentalized primarily by Ukulele.

This would seem appropriate, due to the song's lyrics, since it spoke about Hawaii.

The songs are not announced over the speaker-system in the store. I'm sure that they simply had a Satelite Radio on one particular "constant feed" radio station or other, so I stopped in my tracks (in the coffee isle) and listened intently, to see if I could pick up the words and then research it when I got home.

The Lyric that seemed the most likely to be the title (being a musician, I am able to use logical assumption to come up with what "I" would title a song, based on the lyrics, and usually can nail it fairly well) was
"Christmas In The Rainbow State."

Turns out, when I went home to Google those lyrics, I was able to come up with the actual song. I don't know how "new" it is, but the artist's name is "Stasia Estep" and the songs Title IS, in fact, "Christmas In The Rainbow State."

Here's a link to the best info I can find (a slideshow with the song as the musical backdrop):

I am fairly good at playing by ear, and will be working out the chords myself, but would have been pleased had I found someone who had already done so, to follow on YouTube for learning this cute and timely Christmas song.

Anyone in here work this song out yet? Anyone going to post a video of the chords and "Cover" this? I couldn't find a single "Covering" or "Training" video on this tune, at all.

That's a really neat interpretive tool you have linked to!! I had never seen that tool before. Not being familiar with how to use it, I can only assume that it is a tool in which you could see the root note and take it from there, yes?

I noticed that at times, it would show an A Flat M during the flow, that I didn't hear a change to, in the instrumentalization. I don't know why it does that.

Can you plug ANY song into that tool? I will be exploring how to use that tool more.

You can also play C, A, D, G, Cm

Yep I stumbled across it, it is pretty nifty.

You can take any You TUbe video and find the chords.

I've done that..........worked out the Lyrics and Chords this morning. Mapped it all out in Document form. Now I have to figure out EASIER ways to PLAY some of those chords!! (lol).

If you want a copy.......send an e-mail to "soupy1957@yahoo.com" with "Lyrics and Chords' in the Subject Line, and I'll be happy to send anyone a copy.

Why not post in the Tabs & Chords Forum? Or download from a 3rd party like Dropbox . . . just suggestions/options.

I've done that..........worked out the Lyrics and Chords this morning. Mapped it all out in Document form. Now I have to figure out EASIER ways to PLAY some of those chords!! (lol).

If you want a copy.......send an e-mail to "soupy1957@yahoo.com" with "Lyrics and Chords' in the Subject Line, and I'll be happy to send anyone a copy.

Sorry I couldn't say more this morning (I was pretty tired) did you try C,A,D, G ? I think I transposed it right (other than the Cm which seems to glitch in Chordify)

Why not post in the Tabs & Chords Forum? Or download from a 3rd party like Dropbox . . . just suggestions/options.

I use Open Office. that's an ".odt" file extension which the Forum didn't support. Then I converted it to a ".doc" (Windows) file, and this Forum would not accept it because it was too large (96.0 kb).

I'd gladly put it in the "Tabs & Chords" section, but I can't reduce it down any further than it already is.

I don't know if I am using chordify right, but I put in a Puerto Rican Plena song, Bailala, and it came up with a bunch of chords. So I was in Puerto Rico working on it, and my neighbor's brother is in a Plena band and plays the guitar. I asked him about it, and he said, A and E7. All plena is A and E7. There wasn't an A or an E7 in chordify. I had put in a lot of time trying to work that out, just to find out that it is a two chord song. And not only that, I played along with the song on the internet using A and E7, and it works. Again, I don't know if I was doing it right, but that is what happened.

A bit away from the thread, Rllink, but I watched some PR Plena music. Is that what you're your gonna play when you join those guys? You must be pretty good.

And just to back to the thread, I watched "Christmas in the Rainbow State" too--cute. :eek:ld:

boogie10: Sent two files this morning. One in ".odt" and one in ".doc"

Please let me know if they came thru ok.

-Soupy

Top Bottom