FS - tv pal UKETTE (w/ orig. box)

Status
Not open for further replies.

river_driver

Reaction score
For sale, an original 1950's TV Pal UKETTE ("A Real Musical Instrument, Junior-Size!").

This is the granddaddy of today's Pocket ukes. Overall length of about 15 inches, with a scale length of 9.75 inches and a neck width of 1.0 inches. (My big clumsy hands can't manage on that skinny little neck!)

Condition is very good. No cracks or separations. Some light scuffs, not noticeable unless you're looking for them. Graphics are excellent. There are a couple small spots (one on the back of the neck, one on the side of the lower treble bout) where the surface of the plastic is marred, maybe like it reacted with sticker adhesive? Tuning pegs are original and work as well as can be expected for 50 year old plastic violin-style pegs - one is worn but holds tune for now. (I would think that 1/4 size or maybe 1/8 size violin pegs would work as replacements). Original price sticker (Rose's, 49 cents) is still attached.

The box, if you're into boxes, is a box. The flaps are torn off one end, and it is slightly crushed on one side, but the graphics are still very nice.

Asking $75 shipped CONUS, but will consider reasonable counteroffers.

Photo12071103.jpgPhoto12071103_1.jpgPhoto12071104.jpgPhoto12071104_1.jpg

You, sir, are killing me. I just bought a Carnival sopranino 2 days ago because I gave up hope of ever finding the TV Pal ukette.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom