How to buy Mike Lynch Single Music Sheet

Brenda Wong

Reaction score
I like to buy Mike Lynch solo arrangment ( half of the songs in his book are songs I have never heard of so I only want individual song) . His purchase instruction for single sheet music is to click on the donation button, sheet music will follow by email within the day.
The problem is once you filled in the amount he asked, there is no where to fill in your email address and song selection . I tried contacting him but there is no answer, no help.

Can someone please help me if you have purchased his sheet music before.

Below is the link to the music sheet I like to purchase.

http://allthingsukulele.com/2014/06...gerpicking-arrangement-by-ukulele-mike-lynch/

Can someone please help me if you have purchased his sheet music before.
Brenda, when you buy something via PayPal your e-mail address will automatically be forwarded to the seller by PayPal. I buy quite a lot of stuff using PayPal and the system is fairly faultless, though it does assume that you've already got a PayPal account set up.

Hope this helps :)

Hi Brenda,

While I do not have an answer for you, I would like to say that I've seen a handful of threads here on the forum over the past 4 months or so, with similar questions.

It seems that his 'shopping cart' function, if there even is one with the way his Paypal donations are set up, is a mystery for lots of folks.

I have not seen him reply to any of these threads, and for someone who has so many videos online and many different web sites selling his sheet music, he seems extraordinarily difficult to get in touch with based upon the stories from other members. For a teacher with such a significant investment in being online, I am surprised that this is so difficult.

These issues have put me off buying any of his music and I've gone elsewhere for these things, especially since many UU members have published really good music sheets that are more easily available from either their own respective web sites, or via Amazon or Mel Bay or Hal Leonard's web sites.

If you do get a reply from Mike, please report back with the end result. Maybe some day he will see these threads here on UU and make it easier to figure these things out.

I've bought two or three songs from Mike and it has gone smoothly. These were songs offered individually on his website vs. ones cherry picked from his ebooks. I don't see why he wouldn't sell others individually so suggest contacting him. Here's the mail address from which he sends the music theukuleleman2012 AT hotmail DOT com

=Booli;1614873

If you do get a reply from Mike, please report back with the end result. Maybe some day he will see these threads here on UU and make it easier to figure these things out.

For what it is worth, I once contacted Mike Lynch. Most of the little I know about the ukulele was via the internet, his You Tube channels were much of that in the beginning. I sent him a thank you message, and a question. Maybe I am one of the few, but I did get a response.

His videos seem to collectively have millions of views I imagine that he can't respond to everyone. Not responding to business inquiries seems a little odd, but that could be one of the up sides to a side business. Or some businesses don't respond to questions they have to reply with an answer they don't think their customers would like. It is possible that he only feels that he is compensated for his time when the entire volume of songs is purchased, and replying "I don't sell that song individually" might put someone off from eventually buying the entire volume, that is just a guess but it is a sales technique. The result of that technique might be the loss of some sales to people who would spend less, or getting bad reviews from communities of people who are already aware of how to get what he offers for free. (so the downside isn't as 'great' as one might think)

Edit:
Rethinking it could also be a legal thing, I once worked for a costume store that rented out a Barney the Dinosaur costume. One week Barney's lawyers went out and covertly rented every Barney costume in town (in many cities) and did not return them. Basically telling the store owners they are more than welcome to sue to get them back. So selling copyright protected music might not be a good thing to go on the record about. (short version of the story)

Last edited:
There is a space for "Special Instructions to The Seller". I put the song selection in there. Your email is usually attached to the order but if in doubt, put it in the space as well. I think he usually charges $5.39 for a single.

I did try contacting him through facebook post, email through his website.
May be he doesn't think $5.75 for his single sheet music is worth his time to reply .
I am glad I am not the only 'idiot' do not understand his site.
Yes I do have paypal but that does not tell him which music sheet I want to purchase. If he can't be bother to answer to a potential customer, can't see why he would email the sheet music as promised once you paid him. Sadly, I do like his solo arrangement because they seem easy.

There is a space for "Special Instructions to The Seller". I put the song selection in there. Your email is usually attached to the order but if in doubt, put it in the space as well. I think he usually charges $5.39 for a single.

No there is no space for instruction. All the donation button do is how much you want to donate.

I have learned so much from Ukulele Mike. His videos are a big reason why I was able to stick with it in the beginning. I really appreciate his help.

I know everyone has the best intentions, but let's not throw him down the well because he's not good at taking our money.

I am glad that you learned from him. I too like his arrangement this is why I want to buy his music. If you know how to buy his sheet music, please share it with us. It sounds like I am not the only person has trouble making the purchase through his donation button. That's the only reason I started this post.

I have learned so much from Ukulele Mike. His videos are a big reason why I was able to stick with it in the beginning. I really appreciate his help.

I know everyone has the best intentions, but let's not throw him down the well because he's not good at taking our money.

I just want to know how to purchase the sheet music. Please let me know if you know how. Thank you.

If you click on this link and scroll down to the bottom , you will see that he is promoting the single music sheet therefore it has NOTHING to do with not wanting to sell or copy right. Either he can't be bother to answer a $5.75 purchase or whoever set up the website did not notify him of the problem.

http://allthingsukulele.com/2014/06...gerpicking-arrangement-by-ukulele-mike-lynch/,

Okay, then go to the website click donate and tell him what you want.
UkeMike_zpsb5804da5.jpg

Here is a picture^ of how you can do that

I am going to give it a try . Thanks

I hope it works out, it doesn't seem to be automated so give it a day or two. I think you can probably enter in your e-mail address just to make sure.
Good luck.

When I received the sheet music . I will post it on here so other can feel better doing the same. Thanks again for your help Brian.

OK I did it. Let's see how long before I will receive his music sheet. Thank you all for your help

Last edited:
Each time when I ordered mine, I received the music within hours. As I said, the transactions went very smoothly and I was happy.

I guess the only question in your case is whether he is willing to sell individual songs from his book.

Well, this thread peaked my interest so I took a hear to one of Mike Lynch's chord melody arrangements and decided to buy his 2 book chord melody combos.

It wasn't exactly intuitive to find how to purchase. In short, you need to initiate a Paypal donation with the exact $$ amount in you head. Paypal won't ask you what you are buying so you either need to include the name of the product in the "Notes to Seller" box or, as in my case where the iPad browser failed to reveal the "Notes" section, go back to Mikes site and send him an email with the name of the product in it. 2 hours later, Mike sent me the pdf for the two books.

Looks like the Store is being developed on the site. Should make purchases easier.

Are the books worth buying? Sound like you have to print them yourself or do you mean he mail them to you?

Well, this thread peaked my interest so I took a hear to one of Mike Lynch's chord melody arrangements and decided to buy his 2 book chord melody combos.

It wasn't exactly intuitive to find how to purchase. In short, you need to initiate a Paypal donation with the exact $$ amount in you head. Paypal won't ask you what you are buying so you either need to include the name of the product in the "Notes to Seller" box or, as in my case where the iPad browser failed to reveal the "Notes" section, go back to Mikes site and send him an email with the name of the product in it. 2 hours later, Mike sent me the pdf for the two books.

Looks like the Store is being developed on the site. Should make purchases easier.

Top Bottom