VAUGHAN Hand Built Uke Final Design, your thoughts please :)

VAUGHAN UKE'S

Reaction score
Hi everyone, ive just finished my Final ukulele design, sounds warm and jazzy, il put a video up on my soon to be website too see your thoughts.

This one is made from Sapele with Walnut fretboard and bridge.

Walnut Saddle and nut scale length 14.5" but have now changed it to 13" for the others

Sapele Bracing

Any thoughts, Negative or positive would be very much appreciated

and questions

thanks for ready :)DSCF9714.jpg

I do have other photos, but my manage photos is full, and i dont know how to delete them to add new ones ?

Looks nice but I would suggest the following changes since you asked.IMO, the bridge is too big and it sits too far back on the lower bout (near the bottom edge). For optimal sound on a small instrument, the bridge should sit in the center of the lower bout. The bracing stock should be light in weight, stiff and well quartered. I would highly recommend good Sitka spruce. Good luck with your builds.

Hi everyone, ive just finished my Final ukulele design, sounds warm and jazzy, il put a video up on my soon to be website too see your thoughts.

This one is made from Sapele with Walnut fretboard and bridge.

Walnut Saddle and nut scale length 14.5" but have now changed it to 13" for the others

Sapele Bracing

Any thoughts, Negative or positive would be very much appreciated

and questions

thanks for ready :)View attachment 73955

Looks nice but I would suggest the following changes since you asked.IMO, the bridge is too big and it sits too far back on the lower bout (near the bottom edge). For optimal sound on a small instrument, the bridge should sit in the center of the lower bout. The bracing stock should be light in weight, stiff and well quartered. I would highly recommend good Sitka spruce. Good luck with your builds.

Thanks BlackBear, on my others i will shorten the bridge and i have moved the bridge 1.5" upwards towards the sound hole.

That's what I was going to say (; I'm never too keen on ukes that have the bridge so close to the bottom edge. Very hard not to mute the strings. Looks sweet though. Nice headstock.

Thank you Bonesigh for the feedback, much appreciated

Personally, if I could only have three fret markers, I'd like them on 5, 7 and 10. I rarely play up to 12 on a soprano, especially if it's going to be a 13" scale.

Top Bottom