String recommendations for KoAloha Super Concert and Super Pineapple -- please

toque

Reaction score
Hi,

We recently acquired 2 KoAloha ukes: A long neck Concert, and a long neck pineapple. Neither came with string recommendations (or even a package to tell us what strings are now on).

And so we're wondering what strings we should buy when it's replacement time.

What do you use? and why?

Thanks for reading

I didn't get to try as many strings combinations as I usually do, but I liked Living Water strings on the KoAloha Super Concert that I had briefly (unwound the sale due to a small bubble in a rear seam).

Hi,

We recently acquired 2 KoAloha ukes: A long neck Concert, and a long neck pineapple. Neither came with string recommendations (or even a package to tell us what strings are now on).

And so we're wondering what strings we should buy when it's replacement time.

What do you use? and why?

Thanks for reading

I love having Jason Arimoto's PHD Strings on all my ukuleles, especially my Koaloha concert and tenor.

Ukulelecreations.com for more info....

Speaking directly to Andrew from HMS when I bought a Koaloha concert he said they use Worth Clear strings, or that is as close as you can get because their gauges are a bit different. Andrew also said they go down a gauge, meaning use a concert string Worth CM on your tenor neck concerts.

I love having Jason Arimoto's PHD Strings on all my ukuleles, especially my Koaloha concert and tenor.

Ukulelecreations.com for more info....

Ditto. I use the same on my KoAloha.

Oasis Brights and Living Water strings both sound really good on solid Koa ukes. The Oasis strings are brighter with a little more tension, and the Living Waters are a little warmer with lower tension. That's my experience anyway. :cool:

Thanks for great suggestions. Where does one purchase Living Waters, Oasis Brights &/or Arimoto strings sets? I live in Canada so these may be hard to locate . . . .

You can order Jason's PHD strings through his web site I guess. They really give my Koaloha's that 'bell - like' sound that I love. Especially on the concert with a High G.

Martins work great on Koa ukes, and are readily available at your local music store at under $6. And IMHO are pretty similar to other clear fluorocarbons, i.e., Worth, Living Water, etc.

My KoAloha Pineapple long neck really likes Worth CL. These are the closest I've found to the original strings. There's some kind of relationship there because KoAloha ukuleles are featured on the Worth packaging. They are bright and tight. They make a really pleasing sound, almost like a regular soprano.

No clue about your super concert.

Top Bottom