I got a Peanut! Woohoo!

Chopped Liver

Reaction score
:D So, I have mentioned on a couple of threads that I wanted a quiet uke to play in my seminary dorm room (weekend student). I bought a $16 cheapo plastic one that some said was quiet. Still not quiet enough.

A UU member saw my posts about wanting to try a Peanut. He contacted me and offered to sell me his very slightly used uke. I paid a tad over half the cost of a new one for this.

It came yesterday. SO COOL! I can't believe how perfect this is for my needs! Very quiet. Small enough to stick in my weekend bag. Very solid instrument. It looks brand new!

The former owner had it strung with a wound low G (which I had been wanting to try). I really like that low G tuning.

So . . . Last night I ordered a HoneyTone mini amp just for fun at home (not for dorm room use). Can't wait to try that, too! HOWEVER, I forgot to order the cord to connect them! :( anyone know what cord I need?

I am thrilled with my new Peanut!

Last edited:
Just a standard guitar lead should do the trick I'd have thought.

If you fancy a plugged-in sound in your dorm, give a Vox amP a go. Plugs directly into your uke and simulates an amp through your headphones.

http://www.amazon.com/Vox-AP2CR-amP...TF8&qid=1418384704&sr=8-1&keywords=vox+amplug

Thanks! I think this thing already has something like that. If I understand it, I can just plug in an earbud and play! (It has a 9V battery in it).

I'll check out that guitar lead . . .

you are correct the peanut has an aux in and headphones out in addition to the standard 1/4" jack. And a honeytone will be just fine. I use one as a kitchen table amp for my bass.

you are correct the peanut has an aux in and headphones out in addition to the standard 1/4" jack. And a honeytone will be just fine. I use one as a kitchen table amp for my bass.

Thanks! I tried some earbuds with it and got nothing, but there are no instructions with it and I don't have time to experiment this morning. Stupid job is cramping my uke style . . .:p

My bad, didn't realise the Peanut had some special kit on it.

Guess I should look stuff up before I open my gob.

I bought an electric uke to use when I need to play quietly. Love it and it works great! I can play while my wife and I watch tv and I get no dirty looks! That's worth a lot!

I've plugged it in to an amp and I've used headphones, but in a quiet room I can hear it just fine.

Heads up though, my Eleuke Pineapple "turns on" when you plug in the headphones. If the Peanut works that way, remember to unplug them when you're done playing or the battery will run down. ;)

well i had a solid body pineapple for a while. I tested it once with headphones that also happened to have inline volume controls. I don't recall if I those were necessary. The solid body is loud enough that you don't need headphones to play it.

Btw if you want a really cheap multi effects pedal to play with a zoom g1on is really effective. Worst case is you can use the tuner which is pretty good.

I bought an electric uke to use when I need to play quietly. Love it and it works great! I can play while my wife and I watch tv and I get no dirty looks! That's worth a lot!

I've plugged it in to an amp and I've used headphones, but in a quiet room I can hear it just fine.

Heads up though, my Eleuke Pineapple "turns on" when you plug in the headphones. If the Peanut works that way, remember to unplug them when you're done playing or the battery will run down. ;)

Yep, I can hear mine just fine without head phones. I don't care for head phones anyway.

Thanks for the heads up about saving the battery!

well i had a solid body pineapple for a while. I tested it once with headphones that also happened to have inline volume controls. I don't recall if I those were necessary. The solid body is loud enough that you don't need headphones to play it.

Btw if you want a really cheap multi effects pedal to play with a zoom g1on is really effective. Worst case is you can use the tuner which is pretty good.

OK, thanks for the info!

Priest in confessional: "What is your sin?"

Boy#1: "I threw peanuts in the river.

Priest: "That doesn't sound so bad. One hail Mary."

--

Priest: "What is your confession?"

Boy #2: "I threw peanuts in the river."

Priest: "This must be a trend! That's alright, son. Say one hail Mary."

--

Priest: "What is your confession?"

Boy #3: "I wished ill on my friends."

Priest: "But...why?"